Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Anyone Who Has Time On The'yre Hands...ah...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Too stupid to post the FAQ*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Denis, I sent you that FAQ that does explain anything and everything. Except the new forum.

Lemme see if I have a copy for ya...here it is. Um, sorry it's so long, but "everything" is pretty general. I'll just paste it all.

How do I register?
Click on the Register button beneath the Fanart Central banner and fill out the form.

How do I submit a picture?
Click on add picture and choose the method with which you wish to add your picture. Fill out the form and click submit

Why wont it let me upload a picture from my computer?
If your image is too big, make sure its in jpg/jpeg, gif, or png format. Also, crop any blank space in an image program. If you scanned your picture, you should also make sure its an easily viewable size without the viewer having to scroll around. Try to keep it under 600 pixels in width or height. If you dont know how to convert your picture to one of the accepted formats, click save as; there should be a drop down menu of formats. Choose the one you want to save your picture as and click save.

Where can I host my picture and link to it on Fanart Central?
http://www.villagephotos.com offers free hosting. Sign up for an account. Upload your picture, and use the provided image URL.

What rating is my picture?
G: acceptable to all viewers. Very little offensive material.
PG: not appropriate for very young viewers. A few curse words, mild violence or romance.
PG-13: not suitable for children under 13. Some mature content, including swearing (only one use of the F word permitted), backside nudity, mild sexual situations/romance, more graphic violence.
R: not suitable for most children under 17-year-old. Excessive swearing, violence, nudity, or sexual situations.
NC-17: not suitable for anyone under 17 years of age. Full frontal nudity (below the waist), graphic sexual situations, or extreme violence.

Please make sure to also check the boxes of what your picture falls under (ie nudity, offensive language, heavy violence, etc.)

What category does my picture belong under?
If you dont know where your picture belongs, upload it to the miscellaneous (Misc) section or ask someone if they can suggest a category.

Can I be notified when someone comments on one of my pictures?
Yes, click on edit profile and check the box at the bottom to be notified through email when a comment is given.

Why do I never get any comments?!
Because of the large number of submissions, pictures are often pushed down the list quickly. Because of this, please limit yourself to no more than 5 submissions per day to keep from flooding the 10 most recent list and bumping other people down the list. Interact with others. Comment on pictures, post on the message board, and meet people in the chat room. Most people are happy to look at your work if you take the time to talk to them. Instead of waiting for them to come to you, go to them.

Someone submitted a stolen a picture. What can I do?
Email cstdenis at cstdenis@ctgameinfo.com, Fallenangel at ryansocelot@hotmail.com, or Iamem0tionless/Kate at katkatrulz@hotmail.com with the URL of the picture on Fanart Central AND the URL of the original. You must include the original. The stolen picture(s) will be taken care of as soon as possible. Please refrain from posting about it on the message board. Sometimes the thief will see the thread and delete their pictures before anything can be done, which means theyre free to post more stolen work later.

Someone left a mean comment on one of my pictures. Can I delete it?
Yes, you can now delete any comment on one of your pictures or a comment made by you. Simply go to that comment and click "delete".

I sent an email to cstdenis, but nothing changed. Whats wrong?
Cstdenis does read all email, but it may take him awhile to take care of the problem due to the large amount of email he receives. Be patient, and the problem will be taken care of as soon as possible.

How do I enter a picture in the contest?
Submit the picture you wish to enter to Fanart Central then copy the URL and post it in the contest thread on the message board.

I found this picture I want to show people. Can I upload it to Fanart Central and just give credit to the original artist in the description?
No, Fanart Central is a place to show work youve done yourself. If you want to share a picture you didnt draw, please do so by posting a thread in the forums. Also, if you used a picture that doesnt belong to you as a reference, give credit (and preferably a link) in the description. Youre also not allowed to use a picture you didnt draw as part of your submission (ie no collages of work you didnt create).

Can I upload a photo of myself?
If you wish to share a photo of yourself, do so by posting it in the forums.

Are photo manipulations allowed on Fanart Central?
Photo manips are a perfectly valid form of art. However, not all manips are allowed. Taking a copyrighted photo (a photo taken by someone else that you have no permission to use) and using a photoshop filter (or similar program) is not acceptable. If your manip involves a significant amount of drawing and effort, its fine for you to upload it.

What are photo manipulations?
Photo manips are pictures that are altered in programs like photoshop by adding textures, changing colors, and painting over the image. Some examples of exceptional pieces can be found by looking through the photo manipulated category on deviantart. http://indyart.deviantart.com/photomanip/

Where can I find pictures to manipulate?
http://www.deviantart.com has an extensive gallery of stock photography (images free for public use) under stock photos. Also, you can do a google search for other sites that offer free stock photography or use pictures youve taken yourself. If you do use stock photography, its polite to link the source in the description.

I want to request a drawing of something. How can I do this?
If you want to request a picture from a specific artist, you can leave your request as part of a comment on one of their drawings. Most artists list their email address in their profile. Contacting them this way makes it much easier for them to respond and ask for clarification if needed. If you want to make a general request, you can start a new thread in the requests forum directed to any artist whos interested. Some artists may prefer to do an art trade, where you do a request for them in exchange.

I cant get in the chat room. Whats wrong?
If you dont have java installed on your computer, you can download it here. http://java.sun.com/ An alternative is to download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com The server and channel are listed on the chat room page. If youre an AOL user, you wont be able to enter the chat room.

I want to link to Fanart Central on my own site. Is there a banner?
A variety of banners are available at the bottom of the links page. If you want to make your own, feel free. Notify cstdenis and hell add it for others to use as well.

Phew. WTF?
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya its still sitting in my mailbox....Stolen pics pushed it down, I'll get around to putting it on the main site sometime.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Smile Needs a few things changed/taken out, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: