Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Lots Of Small Changes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New category creation now needs approval.
Categories can now have aliases.
mods can add and remove categories (rename and move coming soon).
Several small aesthetic and backend efficiency changes made.

I also cleaned out the categories, removed a bunch of the duplicate, stupid and inappropriate ones.

And for those who are wondering, the images are half uploaded, should be done tomorrow afternoon/evening
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the new categories needs aproval, usually if someone is to add a new category they want it there right away, because if they had any brains in them at all, they would be adding their pic in there in a short time, so yeah, like I had to put mine in some random category because of that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But look at how many stupid categories there are (or were) if you go far enough into the subs. Like "_____'s pics! LOL ^______^" or "My drawings". Really, anything could fit into a category that already exists. The only reason for a new category would be if there are several pictures to go in it, and in that case, surely those people/person could wait.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you very much! Very Happy

All the things on DeviantART are here except a few recent ones I haven't added yet (Jareth/"Your Dreams, Sarah...", the font animals, and the creatures). Kurt and everything else are under different names, in some cases. Some things here aren't on DeviantART, as well.

FAC gallery Smile
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, depending on the picture. The Kurt one (the featured deviation on DeviantART) took roughly 20 hours over the course of a week. It's the most popular by far on both sites. Smile
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you on the categories!!

Not only are there a bunch of random ones AND duplicates, but no one seems to be using them properly anyway WTF? It would be a lot easier to search around if people took the time to put their pic in the right category.

also, there is a "photo" category that I'm sure you guys are gonna get rid of. Photos aren't allowed right?

Someone asked me the other day that if it was a photo of a sculpture they did or a "light bright picture" (don't know, didn't ask) if [u]that[/u] was okay to post?
I wasn't sure so I didn't give them an answer yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sculpture is fine. I've posted sculpture pictures.

As for Lite Brite....I still have one! Thought I'd share that. Very Happy It's a wonderful little retro toy. *nod* Whether or not the pictures should be allowed...for those who don't know what it is (sadly), it's a plastic box (basically) with a light inside and a grid of holes on one side. You stick little colored plastic pegs into the holes and make pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/litebrite/

For that I'd say:
~ If you put effort into it, yes.
~ NO CHEAT SHEETS.
~ No crappy photos. I don't know how well they photograph, so if you can't even tell what the design is, don't bother.

You can buy black paper patterns with dots where you stick the holes through (cheat sheets). No uploading those, since they're not your design. Or if Denis decides he doesn't want Lite Brite art...well....just don't upload it. Obviously.

Oh, and on that site you can do lite brite art online by clicking "Play It".
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen's guidelines for Lite Brite seem good.
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, I'll let her know. Thanks a bunch!
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Denis.

How do you submit requests for categories?

My friend went to put up a Ranma 1/2 picture and there was a "Ranma ? " (any way to change that?)

Thanks a bunch!! n.n
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: