Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alamarang
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't read this if you have not read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix unless you don't care if anything gets spilled to you before you read it.

So, what do you all think of the new book? I'm a humungous fan of Harry Potter but I was kind of disappointed. But that is due to the fact that Sirius died, he was like my favorite character. Though I do love Snape now! But still Sirius dying really upset me. I cried....
Juli
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it that much. The writing style took a turn for the worse and really let me down. Harry became a bastard, always yelling at his friends and just about everyone in general. Ron became a sort of comic-relief idiot. Hermione was not bad, though.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my HP in general has been going downhill with each volume. I still read 'em because they can still be amusing at times. And they keep getting bigger... o.o Order of the Phoenix was like what 800 pages? How long's the next one gonna be?

But the books do get kids to read which is a good thing

God damn you signature WORK!
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, to me the books keep getting better. The last one was okay, but I know it could have been better. I was very sad that Sirius died, too. I'm just going to pretend that he didn't really die and he'll come back in one of the next books.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem that Harry's turned girl and is PMSing. after all, how else you could you explain his rampages?

I also cried when Sirius died, mostly because my friend is obsessed with him.
Killua_Bakura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was absolutely pissed when sirius died... my love for HP books had died then... I only think about it for the sake of the pairings
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Seto_lover (Midnight)"] It does seem that Harry's turned girl and is PMSing. after all, how else you could you explain his rampages?

I also cried when Sirius died, mostly because my friend is obsessed with him.
[/quote]
thats funny...pmsing....

alright...i really enjoyed this book...like i really enjoyed most of the books...(the first one wasn't as great as the rest cause i guess it was the intro)....

anywayz....i liked how harry flipped out on people...i was laughing at the end when he flipped out on dumbledore and dumbledore was just like....sure go ahead and break my possessions...i have to many....

ugh...that bitch though...what was her name...the one that harry liked...i didn't like her....always crying and crap...that got stupid....

um....i wasn't really upset when sirius died....well...it was a shock...but i guess it gave the story a more darker edge...which i actually wanted...but thats just me...

That damn house elf...it was all his fault....also...the way dumbledore acted in the book was kinda strange...

to me...i think all the books (cept the first one) are great....and we are getting a lot of questions answered....

alright...if ya want to yell at me cause i didn't cry when sirius died go ahead...it just didn't hit me as hard as a lot of people... Smile

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I don't blame you for not crying. Not everyone's that sensitive :P

Cho Chang? Wasn't she Harry's crush? Man, I hate that chick, too. She's such a whimp. I think Ron should die and Harry should get with Hermione, but that's just my opinion. I personally think Ron's an annoying kid who always overreacting. As for Harry being mean, why blame him? I'd be the same way. He just lost the one person that he really had left in this world, how else COULD he react? I also agree that Dumbledore was acting really strange. I know one thing for sure.. I'm going to be standing there at midnight to get the next book.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RiRiana
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pissed me off! Rowling killed off my favorite character! Poor Sirius. I think they are gonna bring him back though. If they don't, I'm gonna cry!!!
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cho chang=crying son of a bitch

jeez...i hated her Grr!

anywayz...i like ron...he's like my favorite character...and i think hermoine and ron will end up together...just my opinion....

Harry end up with whom?....hmmm....dun know....

thing i forgot to mention in my other comment was that i like how rowling is putting reallity emotions into harry and ron and etc....like how harry reacted to sirius's death...(though i laughed histerically during his little tantrum) it was real....not like some kinda fairy tale where the main character is the best person at everything and always does everything right and blah blah blah...u get what i mean?.....

well....thats all for now....

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was an execelletn book, no doubt about it. I like how it gets darker with each book, and that the plot thickens...

Ugh... I hated, hated, HATED Professor Umbridge! God... that woman is THE definition of a bitch.

The part about Dudley starting to smoke didn't surprise me. I never really liked the pudgy brat anyway.

Cho Chang got on my nerves everynow and then, but I had to remember that she had lost Cedric in the Goblet of Fire, and I too would also be sad about the loss of a loved one. She is just a "so-so" character with me.

I like the thought of Harry rejecting his destiny so to speak, and becoming angrier. It makes for a much deeper hero than in the other books I have read. Hermione was as charming as always, and Ron was... well... Ron-ish. ^^;;; (I think that Harry and Hermione should get together.)

I liked Sirius, he was very cool. But alas, he died. But he died to protect his god-child. And I think that is very noble of him.

Just my two cents.
darkkuest
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luved it!!!!!!!! although i REALLY REALLY REALLY watned to kill umbridge......beatrix that whore....lol
Borrowed_Wish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like shadow_of_darkness, I was really happy when I saw the length, but then it really let me down. I'd read all the other books multiple times, read all of JK's interviews, even surfed the web for book 5 rumours. But then...mleh. It was like expecting a feast and then being served a crust of bread. A stale, moldy crust. The characters didn't act like themselves, the plot had holes, and [b]he[/b]...*sob*...DIED!! ::runs away to wail::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borrowed_Wish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like shadow_of_darkness, I was really happy when I saw the length, but then it really let me down. I'd read all the other books multiple times, read all of JK's interviews, even surfed the web for book 5 rumours. But then...mleh. It was like expecting a feast and then being served a crust of bread. A stale, moldy crust. The characters didn't act like themselves, the plot had holes, and [b]he[/b]...*sob*...DIED!! ::runs away to wail::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WaterLillies
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm..... not one of my favorite HP books but not one of my least favorite either.

Okay for all of you who are pissed of for Harry going ballistic all the time you dont know the character. Harry deals with a lot im suprised he hadn't gone ballistic sooner! he is a teenager and he has more pressure more stress than 20 average people not to mention all the losses hes been through. the whole cedric dying must have finally broken through his mask. I would have been angry if he was still as happy and innocent as in the first book

Dumbledore.....yes he was very strange......but i liked how he screwed up becuase lets face it Dumbledore was perfect! but now hes human so we wont take everything dumbledore says for granted like what if dumbledore misunderstood the prophesy and all along it really is neiville and he ends up killing voldemort in the last book....that would be interesting....Harry might even actually end up dying! Sad i would not be happy
Sirius is depressing now harry needs a new father figure...Lupin?Moody?Dumbledore?Mr. Weasley?....maybe even SNAPE???!?!?!?!?!!? WTF?
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did he have the nimbus 2000 in that book?
lol it vibrates Razz
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a date!
Melahan

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the 5th book. I happened to be in London on the release date and there were many people lined up at every shop to get one. I like the new Harry, he's much more believable. I mean yeah I can understand him being the Griffindor kid, savior of the wizarding world and all, but I mean come on he's only 16/17? Do you really expect a kid who witnesed the death of a good friend to recover if he's been secluded and cut of from any kind of positive company to be normal or real cheerful after that.

I loved Sirius too, I think it's wrong that she killed him off, yet I also wonder if he's really dead. I hope he's not it's... it's just not right without him I mean who does Harry have now? No one.

BTW are any of you offened by slash fics? I found a really good one on www.fanfiction.net that takes place after the 5th book. I"ve become addicted to it myself, but it totally branches off from what JK is probably going for. Also you get an insight to certain characters and how I think they should really be like. If you'd like the name of the story let me know.
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I like the new Harry, he's much more believable[/quote]

Yeah, I have nothing against the new Harry. I just hate it when authors change a character's personality in the middle of the series. It reminds me of the third book in Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series. I HATE whent hey do that : ( I do like his new personlity a lot, though. He's so saucy :P

[quote]I loved Sirius too, I think it's wrong that she killed him off, yet I also wonder if he's really dead.[/quote]

Like I said, I think that she just pretended to kill him off to boost the next book sales. I bet you anything that the last book's sales were down. She has to do SOMETHING to keep the readers interested, now doesn't she? If she doesn't bring him back, I will be forever angry at her.

[quote]BTW are any of you offened by slash fics? I found a really good one on www.fanfiction.net that takes place after the 5th book.[/quote]

I'm not offended by them at all Razz I'd love to take a look at it if/when I get the time. I rarely have time to read online, but some days I have nothing to do, so if you post the link, maybe I can check it out Razz
Melahan

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I"m so glad that there are other HP slash fans out their! anywho here's the link : http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1677570

The chapters are so long it's almost like a book itself. It branches off quite a bit from something that Rowling would do, but I think it's wonderful. It goes into gods and demigods and a lot of other new characters the author created. Harry, Draco and Ginny are more dark in this one as well *drools* I love the bad boys.. you just can't help be drawn to them, ya know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: