Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Worst Mistake You Ever Made

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by an old thread I came across in the Epilogue forums. So what was the worst mistake you ever made while creating a picture (some kind of technical error or something)?

I've scrapped most anything I did anything too terrible to. One that comes to mind is I often hold a handful of tools in my left hand (pencils, blending tools, etc) and draw with the right. I was nearly finished with Axl (Last Chance Ride) doing his funky wrist gear and sharpening up the tats where they'd been blurred by my hand when I went to switch my pencil for a small blending stump and dropped the pencil, point down, onto the paper. It bounced and left two lovely (and dark) dots on his arm. Looked like a vamp bite. <_< I think I ended up fixing it decently...but I can still see it....because I know it's there. I've done that a lot of times, leaving dark lines where they really don't belong.

Only other one I can think of is resizing a scan, getting all the settings perfect and resizing it to be a smaller preview image, but instead of hitting "save as" hitting "save" and destroying my nice, big version. Grr!
Simple
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say im that talented yet to see what my worst mistake would be....

but for right now its inking...

I tend not to pay much attention to my pencil lines, and i get distracted easily. So i smear/smudge/trace-off-the-lines...

And im horrible with white out ...when ever i use it i then to be to not know when its dry or not, so i touch it and ruin it...

bleah,...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Die
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...that would be either erasing over my lineart too early after I had just inked my drawing manually (^^; nowadays I'm too lazy to ink manually) or completely forgetting to warm up before inking and getting lotsa shaky lines.
fev
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traditional media- ink spill.. one nasty art killing carpet staining ink spill... damn was 75% done with the thing too.. spent at least 25 hours with intricate details.... meh

digital- not saving often enough & losing tons of work when compy crashes

woodworking- getting finsgernail sanded completely off when woodblock kick finger into the belt..
it grew back but oh god it hurt.. could barely use my right hand for 8 days.. no drawing, no playing shmups.. no Nutin...
sally_the_ragdoll
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha the worst mistake i've ever made? hmm.......well i've made alot =b i accidently drew a guy with his shirt off (dont ask how i was in my own world i guess =Cool and it was right next to this guy in class i really liked!!!!

he gave me a funny look. it wasnt a 'bad' picture, you know PG, but dude, it was when i had just began drawing guys, and it was so horrible! oh im turning red just thinking about it Razz
Hanami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They worst mistake I've ever made??
Well, they'd be to onumerous to count.
But on the one pic that I really liked, I managed to draw the person, but, lo and behold, I made his feet toothpick thin compared to the rest of the body. I was on a caffiene high, so I didn't notice till I had really started to go over everything dark... It was a lovely pic, 'cept for the legs...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Praetor_Khova
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this all the time. I'll be trying to draw a guy and it ends up being a girl... evil! My guys look womanish anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. But I just tell people if you want to know which is which, just look for boobs!
God I need to learn how to draw guys correctly.
Sindar
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...worst mistake I've ever made...probably smearing with pencil ALOT and I'm still splattering a bit when I ink in my outlines. Not too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DG-sama

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst mistake I ever made was when I was doing my final project for my Watercolor course.

You see I was painting a picture of a girl in a kimono standing on a windswept beach. It wasn't until I was almost done painting the ting that I realised that The girl's hair and kimono were blowing in opposite directions. The stuppid thing that took me like five hours to do was ruined and I had to do it all over again. . . . .

God damn you signature WORK!
Fyrsiel
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaw how tragiiic! XD

Man... o__O I am so afraid of hands.... because... they WILL switch on you....

Ne, one time I was CGing a picture and then in stead of hitting Save, I hit "Close" or something...

and then a box came up that said "Are you SURE you want to close? Yes? No? Cancel?"

And I clicked yes... ;___; *UWAAAAH*

I hated myself for that because I hadn't saved in a really long time since I'd started on the picture...

Other mistakes.... pen in general scares me to death. o__O

I hate drawing with just pen. XD eheheheheh....

tamashii
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old 'spilling a drink on your picture' gag. And drawing so dark in pencil that I can't erase it and make a pretty, finished picture out of it. *grr*
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just learned about linear perspective a few weeks ago, so all my pictures before then have some screwed up perspective going on . . . . <_<
Sharker2001
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst mistake... Ever bringing my artbook to work . . . . Those dam bastards always tend to draw mustaches and crap on my anime charactors... they have no respect for my property, ahhh, next time i wanna draw at work, i need to lock it up in my truck...
DG-sama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey at least it's not as bad as what one girl at my work does... She enjoys drawing pictures of a certain part of the male anatomy all over my characters... including the female ones... T_T

God damn you signature WORK!
yashataiyoukai
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see the worst mistake i have ever made would have to be when I took my art book to school and spilled coffee all over it! It was a really good one too it was of Sesshoumaru, and it actually looked like him. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Surprised Sad
Sharker2001
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DG-sama (DG-sama)"] Hey at least it's not as bad as what one girl at my work does... She enjoys drawing pictures of a certain part of the male anatomy all over my characters... including the female ones... T_T [/quote]
Well, it all sucks when someone ruins your work... I know my whole sketchbook... well, took weeks to fill, and even though i bring it in, doesnt mean people have the right to even look in it. I brought my diary once, the kid almost read it, but he read the death sentence first, well, the warning, ^.^ I also had a bat in my truck at the time, cause some kid made me mad at work... be afraid Laughing People mess with my art... i kinda get a little... paranoid. <_<
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sketchbook which had a few good pics in it got some strange stuff spilled all over it... like some green orange stuff. Some dumb girl i knew spilled it all over it. Luckily I got the one pic outta it before it got ruined. It was a pic I drew of sailor jupiter wearing oilers gear.. and i got four oilers to sign it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: