Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Art Clubs At Your School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totoro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I raed on FC that a girl had a graphic novel club at her/his school. I was tottally jelous! Anybody else want a manga club or have one?
kane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to be part of a manga club, but my skool is reallly ghetto. we dont really have any electives clubs or skool dances, cept at the end of 8th grade...the point is, Ill join if someone makes an art group here.
Sweetsorceress
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My school has an anime club its only on ever other thrusday but its was just so very boring <_<
Sanoshi
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o wow i'm surprised!

Here in our school i attend an art club and anime club. (And 2 other clubs. x.x;;)

The Art club here enters local art fairs and works on art displays for like a cafe night or a banner for our school band. Right now its kinda boring, but hey, its art and i love it

The Anime club here is hell of a fun! What we do is we watch 3 epis of anime that doesn't show on tv already, (Full Metal Panic, Wolfs Rain, Naruto, Peace Maker, etc..). After the three epis we do an activity for the club like have a anime jepordy or a video game tourtanment. The next meeting would be to discuss club things like fundraisers or anime t-shirts. Lol its just this year it isn't as organzied as it use to be.

You guys should start one! it really looks good on your collage application and you'll be surpised on how many people show up! Lol if u need connections, lol u got one now. :3

-Commisinor or Publicity of Anime Club-

:3 hee
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verg
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are , unfortunately, unaware of ANY anime other than stupid Dragonball/Z at my school. <__< >: P Stupid people.

Plus, I dunno how to start a club of anime or art when I don't know anyone that pursue those subjects. *o* C'mon! What is wrong with my classmates?!!!
Hyrulian_kandi
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote][/quote][CODE] Razz Yep. We got an anime club at our school. I go to it every Monday and Friday. ^-^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just have a regular art club. I've never attended, though. They don't do the banners or anything for events (those're done by leadership and such), but they do activities like business window-painting in november and such. But they use stencils, and it all looks bad, anyway, so I just don't go.

I dunno how it works in your school, but to start a club here you have to fill out a form detailing what the club will be for, what you'll do, when you'll meet and where, etc., get that approved, and then take around a survey to prove there's enough interest.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at my college there are probably some art clubs but they never post any announcements as to when they meet, so I never know when they are. But me and one of my friends were talking about starting a doujinshi club, kinda like how CLAMP started out. I think that that would be so cool. 'cause you see we're both interested in comic/manga making, but if we ever wanted to do one seriosly it's a lot of work for just two people

God damn you signature WORK!
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old high school used to have a cartooning club, but when the founders graduated and left, it just sorta faded away. Then a couple guys from a Japanese class I took started up an anime club with the teacher and it just grew. We attended every Fri. and Thurs. We tried to have field trips but there wasn't enough money. And with the cosplays, well...the people went elsewhere for that. Then the last thing we had before I graduated was a fanart/original art contest. I won the original portion and was supposed to get $50 but the president kept forgetting to bring the stuff to school and I never got my prize NOR MY PICS BACK! ANGER IS ME! Grr!
Totoro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys!
kane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i cant start an anime club beacause all them are like "no anime is bad and s**t theres always nudity and violence in it."
lamby5789
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i attempted to make one last year. but it sucked. x.x.. there was too much people, and our sponsor didn't want so much students in one classroom. so i had to cut some people that weren't really that serious in anime. but then they start getting mad at the other officers in the club (they never got mad at me o.o... but i was the president person) and they started backstabbing them and send them threats =_=; terrible terrible experience. i was actually crying b/c of the choas-ness of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch. that is something I would never do now. there are only about 5ppl in my skool who actually like anime, so it would be kinda useless.
ashtax
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to a highschool in New Zealand...absolutely NO clubs apart from chess, a Christian club and sport. My school sucks...
There should be art club, and I bet people would go. But since I'm just a turd fromer there's nothing I can do...
Baby-Bunny
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]HIYA! ^.^[/b]
well I started my own Anime Club last week! Smile its after school every Tues and Weds but only like 7 people came coz nobody really likes anime in my school... *sighs* it was really easy to do, just gotta find a free classroom after school and get a teacher to lend you a tv & vid/dvd player and bring in your own stuff to watch, why dont you try to make one??? I'm trying to teach origami(sp?) aswell Razz and we'll also be playing PS2 & Xbox next week!(for the ppl that have already seen what anime was voted for) yayy! ^_^
Sanoshi
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i'm surprised some of your guys school barely know about anime. I bet they do, but their just shy to come out front and admit it. XD! Baby-Bunny has the spirit of starting the club! What i highly suggest of you to make the club a sucess is to watch anime that ISN'T already on t.v. What's good to show is anime maybe already out on manga or something like Kare Kano or Naruto. Don't forget the mini-games!

:D! Get some anime games as well! I believe theres a Naruto game for the Gamecube somewhere, and there is an anime game called Guilty Gear X2. Its a 2d kick arse fighting game. Also you gotta bring in the Street Fighter vs Capcon2. It'd be so fun to play!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kristefur
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my school you can't do that....it sucks! the teachers lock their doors and are always somewhere else! I draw at my school during classes, but my friends say that my pictures suck! How can that be!?!? No body wants to start a club anywhere. I joined this site because it was cool, if you guys create a club in here I'll be very impressed and I'll join!!!!!
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an anime club in my school and I'm in it. We watch anime during lunch once a week. ^-^
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old high school used to have an art club, but my new one is too lazy. Now all I'm in is a school service club full of imature girls. ...and *cough*chessclub*coughchough*

You didn't hear that last part.
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chessssssssssssssssssss....

I collect horses. I have five, and all of them are stolen. Well duh, who'd want to give away a piece from their set? I don't really play though.

Sorry for going off topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: