Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fanfiction Rules & Etiquette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Fanfiction Rules & Etiquette Reply with quote

There seem to be a number of newbies lately posting copies of their fanfiction to share with other people, and getting yelled at for it. So perhaps it's time to lay down the guidelines and etiquette expected of members in this subforum....

[list=1][*][b]This is NOT the "Show & Tell" subforum.[/b]
Show & Tell can be found up at the top in the Sandbox. [i]This[/i] section is intended for general discussion about the fanfiction and writing [b]genres[/b], not to simply show off one of your stories because it's not getting enough reads on your FAC (or other site's) account.

[list][*][b]If you want to share/advertise your story...[/b]
Please use the [color=blue]Self-Promotion[/color] subforum within the General Art Discussion section.
[*][b]If you want critical help and advice with your story...[/b]
Please use the [color=blue]Fanfiction Critiques[/color] subforum instead; it is there specifically for that reason, so that we can give help and advice to other authors struggling with their fics. PLEASE read the rules thread inside the Critiques subforum and follow the form given for submitting a story for critique, it makes the critiquers' jobs easier that way.
[*][b]But in either case,[/b] please do NOT just copy & paste fanfiction or story text into your forum posts; that is what the Stories section of your FAC gallery is for.[/list:u]

[*][b]If you have writer's block....[/b]
Tough break, eh? If you create a thread asking for ideas, try to keep it general so that other writers can benefit from it as well. Or use the Fanfiction Critiques subforum to link what you've already composed, making clear that you need ideas on what to do next. But please do NOT ask (or expect) other members to bestow ready-made plot outlines and/or character profile sheets upon you for use in your story -- we can give you general ideas to flesh out and work upon, but coming up with the specifics is [i]your[/i] job as writer.[/list:o]

Last edited by Stratadrake on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
DianaTiger
Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the rules
alteysha
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you, I wright a Lot of fan fiction and I like to Posted it at a Lot of place so that they get read. Also so I fill like am wasting my time with them.

Sorry for posted two times

Last edited by alteysha on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
alteysha
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you, I wright a Lot of fan fiction and I like to Posted it at a Lot of place so that they get read. Also so I fill like am wasting my time with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: