Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Full Metal Alchemist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think it's kind of annoying. He does over exagerate it, but what can you do. I do like a lot of the facial experessions they use though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majohime
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...his reaction sorta reminds of mine when I was younger when people called me short...and now, I just say to them "so? what's so bad about being short?"

And "Ready Steady Go" by L'arc-en-ciel is awesome ^^ one of my favorite songs.
Fayore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... I think he has a good excuse for overreacting.

He's 15 years old, and he's about 4'10", not counting that weird hair that sticks up. :D

He makes me feel tall. XDDD

L'arc~en~ciel... Lol. I have a an advertisement for the US release of their CD, "Smile", and it mentions Ready Steady Go on it. X3 They look so pretty in this picture! *_*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I'm onyl 12 and I'm waaay taller than that. (5'6'") Smile
amerowolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...Edward Elric could be a certified midget! I think 4'10's the cut off hieght for that...Cool!

He makes me feel tall as well....
KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigosh. I am waaaaay short, then... I'm around Ed's height and I'm thirteen. Dumb genetics (My mom is really short, too)...
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fayore ()"]
L'arc~en~ciel... Lol. I have a an advertisement for the US release of their CD, "Smile", and it mentions Ready Steady Go on it. X3 They look so pretty in this picture! *_* [/quote]
they look even better in the live performance of it here in America (the DVD has been out for i dunno how long)
Fayore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. All my money goes to, firstly, video games, and secondly, anime.

Then anime cds (includes osts, singles, vocal collections, cd dramas, etc.), after which is manga.

No space for jrock/pop obsession. T_T

Which reminds me, I still need to get a copy of SO2. T_T

Heeh. I'm the same age as Ed, and I'm about a head taller than him. ^^; Poor liddle hagane-san~ XD

<<;

;>>

I like the Flame Alchemist, too. Very Happy

SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fayore ()"] Lol. All my money goes to, firstly, video games, and secondly, anime.
[/quote]
Very Happy coolo, me too. By the way, I reserved a copy of Star Ocean 2 for you. It's not mine, but it's my friend. I'll get you the link in a min.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fayore ()"] Lol. All my money goes to, firstly, video games, and secondly, anime.

Then anime cds (includes osts, singles, vocal collections, cd dramas, etc.), after which is manga.

No space for jrock/pop obsession. T_T [/quote]
i'm the opposite, especially considering I:

1- recently spent $100 on VIP tickets to a Psycho Le Cemu concert
2- saved up for almost half a year to get 300$ for merch at said concert
3- recently spent 140$ on random j-rock merch/dvds. o.o;;;
amerowolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we say slightly obsessed? Not that it's a bad thing. I can't think of anything better to spend money on. Except I'm obsessive and couldn't save that much money even if i needed to.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, it's better to be fawning over real guys than animated ones.
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that, true that
Fayore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aa~ Thanks so much about SO2! ^__^ *lovelove*

Heeh.

I can't ever save up that much money, either. It's because I always know exactly what I want next, and so I save up just enough money to buy that. Then, when I've boughten it and have no money left, I'll start the saving cycle over for the next thing on my list of things I want. ^^; It's especially difficult for me, because I don't have a part time job, and my allowance is a good $20 per month.

But video games cost so much... T_T; So just to buy one game, I'll have to save up anywhere between two to four months, depending on the game. <<;

Heeh. Ed is a shorty. =P I haven't been able to finish the series yet, as I can only watch stuff on my brother's comuter, and currently that's down... Made it up to about episode 41 or 42, though.

And I must say, my favourite episode so far happens to be the one filler episode, episode 37~ XD It's so funny. X3
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...I just got an SO2 for free so, I'm just going to give it to you for free. Look for user Id 34965 or just look up star Ocean and look for the one that costs $0 Anyway...I'd overexgagerate too if I was so small ^_^ Al is so naive sometimes though...
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked FMA when it was brand spanking new but the hype started the idiotic obsessive fans came bringing their fanart with them the spoilers came and so I began to hate it end of story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fayore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SilentSoul92 (Rita)"]ok...I just got an SO2 for free so, I'm just going to give it to you for free. Look for user Id 34965 or just look up star Ocean and look for the one that costs $0 [/quote]
o_o Thank you so much!!! This totally made my day! ^_^

Hmm... $0? I sure hope no one's placed a bid for it, then. o.o;

I'm sorry. T_T I tried looking up your user ID, but that didn't work, and when I tried looking up Star Ocean, it didn't list any priced at $0. So I can't find it. T_T

Hey! Here's an idea: if you were going to give it to me, wouldn't it be a better idea for me just to give you my address and you can mail it to me? So we wouldn't have to bother with eBay. ^^; (and that way, we can send each other letters and stuff, too! :3 )

Wow. If you can send it to me, you have the prize of giving me my first birthday present. ^^; I'm turning 16 in about a month. ^^;

Anyway, *sparkle* Thank you so much~!! *lovelove* *_* Look: :wub: The only time I'll ever use this emoticon! *_* For you~ <3

*cough*

Er, back on topic, now, sorry guys... ^^;

Yeah, FMA is getting really big in terms of fans... That's one of the biggest reasons that turned me away from Inuyasha, too. Too many idiotic fanpeople everywhere. But the difference between IY and FMA for me is the duration, and, subsequentially, the quality.

IY goes on for practically ever. FMA stops at episode 51. IY has many movies out for it. FMA has none (although there's going to be one in theatres in Japan in the coming summer). Because of its duration, IY has its budget spread over many many episodes, so they have to be a bit more frugal with the money-spending than FMA. Therefore...

IY= the picture quality is sub-average. The colours aren't so nice, the backgrounds not very detailed... The action scenes average.

FMA bests IY in those aspects, as well as soundtracks, IMO. The bgms = much, much better.

The storyline is also better: IY goes on [i]forever[/i], so once it starts getting into the 70+ episodes, the storyline is becoming rather thin. I mean, there's only so many times Inuyasha-tachi can run into Naraku and have both parties alive and separated after the incident. But no, they defy the number one law of Good Story Writing: There Must Be An Ending. Which makes for a rather repetitive and uninteresting anime/manga. IY's storyline wasn't that great to begin with, either: girl falls into well, ends up in ancient japan, has to save the world. By finding pieces of a [i]magic rock[/i]. Okay, w007. <<; Anyone who has seen FMA knows that it has a better plot than IY.

And there's probably more stuff, but I can't remember enough about IY to point them all out.

SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Although IY was good for the first 80 episodes or so. Ok, I'll try mailing you the game. But since you're in Canada, it maight take a while. (i'm over in Claifornia) I was born in Canada you know?
woodelf
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucifer
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like FMA. I watched all 51 episodes. My favorite episodes are the one where they get Black Hayate and the one where they watch roy mustang for the day.

The ending drove me mad though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

Jump to: