Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Huge Wall Of Shame Update.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn how I hate art thieves. One of those up there ripped my friends work and a DA artist too. Well they all get what they deserve in the end and they always get found out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people think they are going to get away with that stuff when there are thousands of members on this site? At least one person is going to recognise stolen work. :huh:
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly, normally people do get away with it because they usually put it up on their own site.
And I really don't know if there's a way for people to get in trouble or anything if it's their own site.

I had TONS of pictures stolen once by this girl. She put it on her site, I signed her guestbook and sent her mailes DEMANDING she remove my pictures that instant, but she just ignored me and deleted anything I put on her site that incriminated her (she found my stuff originally because I signed her guestbook that left a link to my old site)

o.o, it was the worst feeling ever to see my signature erased (badly) on Paint and her's put over it. In one case it looked like she printed out the picture, signed it, and then re-scaned it (it looked AWFUL)
Finally the site just crashed or she lost interest or something.. That was a couple years ago.

Hey, just so I know for the future reference, IS there anything to do when someone on their own site steals from ya?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. You can contact their provider or host and tell them about it (be sure to make it a very firm, pro sounding letter). They'll usually take it down, but a kid stealing and displaying other people's pictures isn't real high on their priorities. If you keep on them about it, it may get done, though. They're usually more quick to remove sites that are selling work or stealing work form several artists, but it's worth a shot to email them. Geocities, tripod, whatever.
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definetly terrible that prople steal from others. I bet its because they have no natural talent. Now i may not be the best artist here but at least i try my best instead of stealing other peoples work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zeke_Kurama_Babe (Mona)"] sar it tora bezar roo shonam betcha dont know what that means lol [/quote]
sore ga honki na kokuugo desuka? WTF?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone once sent me a picture for my website that she had stolen. Since my website is on the daughters of the Sailor Senshi I created most of the pics are artwork done by myself and other artists. Few are edited pics but only a small percentage. I knew right away that it was stolen and because she took it off my site and edited it. Now is that lacking common sense or what? It's one thing to steal art and submit it to another site but to steal art from a site and then submit it to the same site it totally stupid. Did she think I wouldn't notice. All I had to do was let the artist who did the picture know and she took care of it. Since then that same person only now sends me edited pictures.
I'm glad there's a Wall Of Shame here. Those art thieves need to know that they won't get away with it.
KeywielderofHollowBastion
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man the list is long! I can't believe how many ppl would steal artwork. It's sad really. I mean, why? Why would they steal art? I really don't get it. <_<
rinchansflower
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of funny, I found this site because someone was complaining about her stuff being stolen on her site. Not only was her stuff stolen, but another person on the site, and one of my favorite artist Bobbin, the worst part is I've seen her artwork stolen on this site a few times.

Meh...Sometimes people can be too stupid. Though I'm happy to see now that the artwork has been taken down, thank god.
TsukiNoNeko
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to find out suspected thieves on the site? I've already caught a number of thieves, and I'd like to continue to help. Is there anyway I can find some suspects?

I wanna help Fallen. Very Happy Let me help?
WynaHIros
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you recognize the artwork from somewhere else, and it has all the signs of art thievery (shady looking signature, crappy image quality), or you know the original artist?

But yeah, it's just saddening to see all this.

--Wyna Hiros
DaBear
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not read this whole thread, but Im curious. if someone is caught they go to the wall of shame. what if they are repeatedly stealing and just dont care. or a only a two time offender. do they get booted. I just figure even if a joker like that is booted do fanart and art site in general give out the ip on the computer to say here they come again?

thanx Bruce
TsukiNoNeko
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WynaHIros (Olanda FS)"] Either you recognize the artwork from somewhere else, and it has all the signs of art thievery (shady looking signature, crappy image quality), or you know the original artist?

But yeah, it's just saddening to see all this.

--Wyna Hiros [/quote]
Yea, I know that, but there are far too many people on this site to go through each one's gallery. I was just kind of saying if someone else knew of suspicious people but hadn't found proof yet, like the mods or someone, if I could find out who they are so I could help out in finding the proof. I've been pretty good at it in the past.

That's what I meant. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: