Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Any One Here Read Redwall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was wondering does any one here read redwall?WTF? and if you do, do you agree with me that brian(the author) is running out of ideas for a plot in the ever living legacy of the redwall order? because it seems there is always a evil dude planing to destroy the redwallers way of living and always a new or returning hero comeing to yet again pick up the sword of martin and luke. always there is a importaint character dead after the madness of war and invasion for example in the book 'martin the warrior' primrose dies and martin grieves for the death of her.
so if you do or dont agree with
Silvermoonlight
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]'martin the warrior' primrose dies and martin grieves for the death of her.
so if you do or dont agree with [/quote]

That was so sad I remember reading that, I couldn't belive she'd died it was such a shock to read and she loved Martin to. That was the sadest of all the books because Martin was so cut up at the end off it.

I loved those Redwall books I read up to the book where the mouse maiden Muriel *I think that's her name, the one who used rope with an big knot at the end and called her weapon the Gull wacker was trying to save her father from a fox king*

I was going to read more but I noticed the same thing you did, that Brian J is running out of ideas. Same sword, same hero no offence intended to him because I think he is a superb writer.

I just wish he'd open the playing field a bit more by adding in other hero's and swords man or a new weapon that's stronger than Martin's.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only read redwall and matimeo because i really enjoyed those...i also read marlfox but thats it....

I wish Brian J had kept on writing bout matthias, mattimeo, martin, ect..cause he wrote such great stories bout that

i couldn't get into the whole changing of main characters in every book thing....like if it was going to be a series...there should be a main character...and everything branches off from that...like in redwall....martin...mathias...mattimeo...etc....

idk...thats my opinion...can yell at me if ya want...

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yeah silver i agree with you but i kinda agree with dragon too i mean they all have to do with martin and gonff but i think that brian leans to much on there influence to redwall no? hehe pigmy conflicts are funny though i never forget there meaning less arguing lol "me killa ala yo" lol big talk from some one so little lol
and yeah i cryed...(i am not used to this emotion) when the otter dies umm.....yeah thats his name ! oh umm..riverwyhte the mask! cause he said to not tell the little ground hogs cause he loved umm so much and then he died it was the only time i have ever cried while reading a book cept the first time when i read harry potter(if you havent read it i wont give any thing away) yeah i cried for about 5 min. but then stoped feeling spitful towards J.K rowling . . . . she let me down....well anyways i read a thingy and it said straight from her mouth that she cryed to when she wrote it..well i am rambling now so i need to be alone bu byes
Killua_Bakura

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like redwall coz I can neva get thru them, but I have a friend whose totally obsessed with them, and she doesn't think so... she loves them all so very much.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said...i loved redwall...just the book redwall and mattimeo actually...the others i just couldn't get into cause the plots were so much different from the other books that it just got confusing and frustrating when u read two books with the same charcters and the suddenly go to another book of the same series and the characters are different...

Tamora Peirce write's her books with the same ideas.....heroine books...and each series books have different main characters...but she brings in characters from her other books..

alright got to go

in class Razz

cyaz

Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryoko i totally agree with you i mean the way he writes is just amazing and inspiring but he writes all of the same topic going on and on about the hero die villain thing it gets boring allthough i often find myself reading his books!
i have never read a tamora pierce book before are they good? and what are they usually about? is it a trilogy?
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds cool the next time i go to the book store(i think today ^__^) i will check them out thats for telling me about them ^__^ Zeke Zabber Jaganshi Laughing
ScarletTears

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the first five redwall books and Cast Away of the Flying Duchtman and I think that Brian Jaques is one of the best authors.
[quote]But there's just somthing about the way Brian Jaques writes or somthing that makes you wanna read more of the stories even if they are predictable.[/quote]
So true.

I've read just about all of Tamora Peirce's books and I'd have to say that they're getting worse. I loved the stories about Alanna, but the newish ones with Kel weren't really that good.

I'd suggest reading Dune it's an older book from the late sixties I think, Frank Herbert(author) is a genius. They've made two, sorta three(third movie is about the third book in the series) movies already about them, but the books, of course,are way better.

Sorry Zeke, I kindda went way off subject in the end there. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....Triss was my favorite. But i liked the Castaways of teh flying dutchman better....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its okies it was about books any ways LOL that is the topic... i think that my fav. Redwall book was "the outcast of redwall" that one was so thoughtout and so beautifully put togeather that i read it 5 times! i think that 'the outcast' is almosts as addictive as harry potter but thats my oppinion ^__^
ScarletTears

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]is almosts as addictive as harry potter but thats my oppinion ^__^[/quote]

I love Harry Potter and I agree that they're addictive, but what makes them so? Laughing
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you know what...i just realised that i have read a tamora peirce book and didnt even know it Laughing i mean my mom bought me tricksters choice for christmas(last christmas) and i havent touched it untill about a week ago and i just realised that i had read one, stupid me i just didnt read the uthors name:lol:
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zeke_hieis_girl (Zeke Zabber jag"] hey you know what...i just realised that i have read a tamora peirce book and didnt even know it Laughing i mean my mom bought me tricksters choice for christmas(last christmas) and i havent touched it untill about a week ago and i just realised that i had read one, stupid me i just didnt read the uthors name:lol: [/quote]
that's funny...thats how i got started with tamora pierce

i was in my library after school...(it was my sanctuary Rolling eyes ) and i had just finished one book, and i was looking at a book shelf when i saw the circle of magic quartet...now i wasn't about to read a book called "Sandry's Book" but it looked interesting enough, so i picked it up, started to read it...and it was SOOO confusing in the beginning, but i got through it, and i was like, wow this is a great book, so i read the other 3 and decided to re-read them...

then i was talking to iamem0tionless(i hope i spelt that right) and she said that she read tamora pierce and told me to read the rest of her series...after that i got addicted and i started to re-read the series that i had already read...

eventually i bought all of her books...(yes all of them) and i just re-read one series all the time...my favorite series was Protector of the Small...that was great...

Anyway i read Trickester's choice...it was really good...i can't wait for trickester's queen to come out...

cyaz

(maybe i should start a tamora pierce thread Cool )
Rock
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got here late but going to the first comment I dont think Brian is running out of ideas sure hes made prequels but they are ideas, right :huh:
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know he has lots of really good idea's yeah but its the plot that is the same old same. every book he wrote cept the legend of luke(it starts out differently and has diff. time lines*thumbs up* that ones cool) but still i keep strong to my love for his books and cant wait untill the paper back of Loamhedge comes out the only thing that bugs me about that book is that the main character is in a wheelchair and she's a hare.. WTF? he is going back to the horses idea again*runs around all crazy like* he said he wouldnt do that again! but he did!!!! the world is going to end a author didnt keep his word Ahhhhhhhhhh(sorry it was really tempting so yeah i went crazy with my typing LOL)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: