Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Square Enix/Squaresoft's Best
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikuschick
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whew! :wacko: alright, tried to include as many of their games as i possbly could. I still haven't figured out if squaresoft and square enix are the same company or not. so if anyone could fill me in on that it's be great. I'd probably have to say ff X myself, but it's a cross between that and ff vii. I guess in terms of graphics, final fantasy X was their best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hazedhedgehog310

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately Musashi!! Very Happy The shortness, the quirky remarks, the stupidly funny events... ^_^

Ah... the memories. ^_^ Go Brave Fencer!
Fayore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so many to pick from! FFT was definitely my favourite, but I also loved Threads of Fate and Bahamut Lagoon. And, of course, the SO series (well, technically developed by Tri-Ace). *_*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was tough, but I would have to say FFX. FFVII just doesn't pick up well, and has too many slow points. I get bored easily so I still haven't finished the game. I have, however, finished FFX multiple times. It's a lot easier, but I stay interested until the end. Let's hope I can stand a little training until my Sora is good enough to beat Hollow Bastion in KH. He's only 42 now, but I have all the trinities to do because I beat up Riku. w00t w00t.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it'd have to be Front Mission 3. That game was so addictive for me, plus a great story and combat system to boot. Though other choices would have to be Final Fantasy 7 and Seiken Densetsu 3.
Nova_Eclipse
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingdom hearts is my personal fav, so you found Ursila then matt lol level 42 should be enough to beat hollow bastion, fight wizards and defenders until you get a defender shield for goofy and a wizards staff for donald, they came in handy when i was fighting through hollow bastion myself ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elbreth
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only games I can think of that you've missed are: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and Rudora No Hihou.

The best Squaresoft game is Final Fantasy VII by an impossibly high margin.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can pick just one! @_@

Saga Frontier 2 is one of my favorites for sure though. It's just interesting because there are some many playable characters (several generations even!) and story lines. It's cool to see how they're all tied together. And the sheer number of combo moves one can achive is mind boggling.

Threads of Fate is a fun one as well. It's got really fun characters and even though it's a rather short game there's so many fun scenarios and such it's an awsome game to replay over and over again.

God damn you signature WORK!
ChocolateCappuccino
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VI is my personal favorite. I don't know how many times I've played that game, I never get tired of it. It might be beacuse it was the first rpg I played and it still gives me warm, nostalgic fuzzy feelings.
Kes
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O So many games! Didn't know that they did some sort of mario Oo. Ure missing Star Ocean on that list, I know two companies kinda created it but Square did make parts, and says their name on the front cover.
Final Fantasy's and Kingdom Hearts have to be the best and most popular. Me personally likes ff8 prob the best Wink
JediRevan20
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played FFVII T.T.....

I'd say FFT, FFIX, and Brave Fencer Musashi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is all of them, a choice?
Fayore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Elbreth (Elbreth Fjelltrone)"]
The best Squaresoft game is Final Fantasy VII by an impossibly high margin. [/quote]
Opinion, not fact, right? Because I played it after all the high reviews it got, and, frankly, I didn't think it was at all that special. :/ Damn hypes. Honestly, I thought it was a little on the dull side, especially since its replay value isn't that high; the game and its sidequests are extremely linear. (For good replay value, see "Star Ocean".)

In fact, the only reason I'd replay that game is to make Cloud go out with Barret at Gold Saucer, and that's not even that interesting. :/

...Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?

I've played that. It was dead boring; I don't even think it's worth putting up there. XD (like an RPG for five-year-olds...)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elbreth
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know [i]anything[/i] about role playing games or the Final Fantasy series when I played Final Fantasy VII, and so there was absolutely no hype surrounding the game what-so ever, but for me, it's had easily the most engrossing story line, well developed, interesting characters who are easy to empathise with, and the replay value stems from the fact that it is beyond a game, it's an experience. Also, it has the most breath-taking musical score of any game I've ever played, or am ever likely to play. The game has everything I could ever want.

As you're clearly unsure, I'll state it for you now: the above post is, obviously, my opinion.
Meredianna
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VII. <3

Cool even if its old *well not that old*, I LOVE THAT GAME!!

Edit: sorry I just cant vote, I cant pick, because I love both FFVII and secret of mana, those games are sooo priddy.

Golden oldies. <3
Fayore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Elbreth (Elbreth Fjelltrone)"]As you're clearly unsure, I'll state it for you now: the above post is, obviously, my opinion.[/quote]
Wrong. But, reading between the lines is a but much, ne?

I just find that you're extremely forward with your "opinions" and therefore stating them as if they're fact.

Just like that one, about my being "clearly unsure". And incase you haven't noticed, I'm insulted from your comment on my intelligence. By the way, your comment is conflicting with itself: if it's "obviously" your opinion, then how could I be "clearly unsure"?

[quote]and the replay value stems from the fact that it is beyond a game, it's an experience.[/quote]

You have a habit of stating opinion as if they're fact.

At any rate, replay value doesn't stem from whether it's an experience or not, because you can play games like SMW3 eight times over just for that. Replay value stems more from whether it's worth playing a game eight times over or not, especially if there are choices in the game that affect other elements. For example, most BL/DS games are like that; depending on what you do it adversely affects the ending.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather play a game time and time again to see whether my choices change the ending; I'd like to see what happens in the end (and, in some cases, throughout the story) whether I act like an asshole or not throughout the game. I'm not going to play a game more than two or three times just to see the same things happen over and over again; I [i]like[/i] change. In fact, most serious gamers like change. That's why MMORPGs are so popular; it's different every time you play because since you're playing with other people, it'll always be different because other people can be unpredictable. You don't know what they're going to do. That's what I meant by "linear"; FFVII will be the exact same as when you last played it. Most people get bored after the third time around.

Not only that, but you can't say that its replay value is "because the game is an experience", because an experience is different for every individual who plays that game. Just so we're clear on what makes replay value and what doesn't: the term "replay value" is supposed to be applied to a large audience, not catered to your own tastes. ;)

Note on music: If you play games for their music, I recommend the first Xenosaga game, Der Wille zur Macht. Nearly the entire game soundtrack was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. *_* The shininess is great. If you liked Sephiroth's battle theme (One Winged Angel: orchestral, latin vocals) you might like Xenosaga's The Miracle. (Note: it's 2.65mb, vbr. Since I don't have the money to pay for my own server, it's on yousendit.com.) Xenosaga has a lot of other nice pieces, but I don't have the ost, so I couldn't give any names. ^.^;
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Mana. Hands down. It completely owns the likes of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time comes in a close second. ^^

rikuschick
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, there must be some kind of ffvii cult out there. Laughing I guess some of the choices are just those kinds of games you either love or you hate. personally, I loved ffvii boss music. I'd find myself bobbing my head to it. I guess cause it's rock music. if I ever make a game, it'll have rock music. Very Happy sephiroth's theme is pretty good too. has anyone else noticed that the music played during the final boss fight in ffvii is the same music being played when you fight sephiroth in kingdom hearts? I think I might be playing too many video games since I noticed that. Laughing
ilovebalmung

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot about Chocobo Racing!!! Ugh, I love that game!
LightningAurora
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite out of these. Actually, the only two FF's I've played were VIII and X-2, and I couldn't stand X-2.

Parasite Eve 2 comes in a close second, although the end boss in that game - UGH!!!!! SO HARD!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: