Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Thumbnails

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a new thumbnail system for FAC.

These new thumbnails are able to support a wider variety of image formats and should prevent the occasional broken thumb around the site. This same thing will also be used soon for picture resizing.

These new thumbnails also allow FAC to better handle its growth without overloading its limited resources.

In the future, this basic system will allow FAC to accept submissions in over 90 different image formats.

Let me know if you find any problems or if any of the thumbs come out broken (where the picture is not) or corrupted looking.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already found and fixed a bug.

Alos, picture resizes now use this new system so all resized pics should now work
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda noticed the new "Adult image" cat thing... although the auto-resize on my latest submission was broken for a little while.

One question: When you view a thumbnail gallery, do offsite images get thumbnailed now? That's been one of my gripes for some time, when offsite pics are loaded directly from offsite rather than being thumbnailed, because everything else has to wait for the pic to fully load.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, offsite images should now be thumbnailed.

However thumbnails are generated in several palces so let me know if you find any that I missed (they will have no dropshadow)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: