Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Issue Dissolved, I Think
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonicFlames
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFA!

I Just waste like 30 minutes of my life reading this piece of crap thread.

1) Screencaps and/or Tracing of offical art is bannable.

a) Personally, wow. Nice tracing. But guess what it's tracing. "Looking as a referance" is still tracing (from another cartoon) with out changing pose. Looking as a referance would be like, looking at hair styles. Which I have done to do anime fanart, BUT I did not copy pose or even what the character is wearing. Because guess what ladies and gents. It's copyrighted materal. All around. You cannot copy/trace from someone else's stuff. Even more so when it is so hugely known.

As I say to rpers (roleplayers) who like to use other people's characters (I.e. Jack sparrow, Willy wonka, etc) for their rping, "It's a copyrighted character. Any pose, clothing, describtion, even the name, etc could be used in against you in court." Now granted that there is a certain limit to what is "copied". I know a lot of people like to do chibi forms of the Inuyasha characters, BUT they don't use a screencap to make the chibi do they? (for hair style, yeah I see that but not for the pose and every thing else)

It's a big deal just to "Use as referance" and then don't change anything about the picture. Or as you like to state "Little differenaces in the picture. The eyes are not as white" Bullshit like that is going to get you thrown in jail.

And if you copy the picture and or trace it. You should get banned because you aren't doing your own work. It's someone else's hard earned work that's probably only paying them about a dollar an hour (I am being sarcastic) and you just think it's "Fun" do go and copy and exploit their work? f**k you. Personally, you should get banned from this site and THEN have the Feds track you down and put you in jail.

2) He can't do any orginal characters.

WTF!? That is the lamest excuse I have ever seen in my entire life. He can make his own characters if he tried to use his brain. He must either be stupid beyond all reason with out an imageation. OR He's a robot (actual robot) and does not have an imageation. I am going to lean towards the first one.

(Done bitching about/at this "Tim" Dude..I hate the name "Tim" By the way.. Sounds gay... :/ )

3)Brian.... You bitch way to much about how your "Underappearicated". And you whine about people not "faving you" Guess what. I like your art, but i don't have you favorited. Because all I have to do to find you is look up here in the forums and click your gallery link. I am not going to waste a spot on you, for favoriting, when it could be used by someone who doesn't make their presence know.

and FURTHER MORE. I have only 15-16 people who have favorited me. (Of which seven or six I know about , and who they are so really it's only like 9-10 people)

And I know of plenty of people who like my art but haven't favorited me either. Not because they don't like me as a person, but because they can remember my screen name with out having to look for it.

IN FACT I know a lot of people's names:

Brianhjh
Dg-sama
DaNerco
DarkVampyress
Rune
blackwings
Blaise_Chan
Phunkeymunky
thakakarot

etc etc etc

all by memory. Why? Cause I am that good perhaps? No. It's because I know where I can find them, but I just burned their names into my brain that way my profile doesn't get dirty with bunches of comments.

(BY THE WAY. Flame me in my profile/gallery and not here on this thread I will report you for harrassment. Very Happy Ok? Understand? Good.)

So Brian, Just because people don't "Favorite" you doesn't mean they don't like your art. >/ end of story. If i see you complaining one more time about your not being favorited I will report you for spam and continual posting of a topic that should have been ended way long time ago.

Report/Email/YIM/PM are all my buddies and resources. Use them wisely. and Brian I would have reported them instead of just bragging about them commenting in your profile. THAT way she would have been shut up already but no, just have to screw and pussyfoot around. One of the things that aren't your best points.

:D Other than that. I think this might be just an old dying thread. Bye bye...
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DF pretty much covered [i]why[/i] traced images are not allowed, although in the most extreme examples.

[quote]And when I send him a pic, he always makes sure that it is only official art so he's not making a rendition of someone elses picture.[/quote]

WRONG. A screencap or piece of official art IS someone else's picture. Someone created the character, drew the official advertising art, and animated the cartoon, no? Just because they're famous, and the picture is used in hundreds of places, doesn't change that fact it's [b]not yours[/b].

Now, we do allow a little bit of room when it comes to copying official art, because most on this site are beginners and looking to improve. A lot of people learn by copying pictures they admire. In that case, the artist must state [b]in the description[/b] that it was copied from a piece of official art, and a link to that art if available. This person, as far as has been said, did not do that.

However, it does not matter because [b]it is traced[/b]. He may have drawn it himself one line at a time, thus being able to give you a progress shot with the original removed, but he did so [i]over the original[/i]. No artist, no matter how skilled at duplicating a picture, would come THIS close to the original piece just by hand. And tracing the image [b]is[/b] against the rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: