Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why Mtv Sucks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's art, just likethe music itself is. It's another way of showing the meaning of the song, expressing the writers of the song, the band, the singer, just a way of expression really.

I don't mind the videos but god yes i hate the talking during them and inbetween them really. I just want music people.

Mtv is going to end the world, i swear, they ruin everything they touch. It's like toxins touching a flower, the flowers just shrivals up and dies. Kill Mtv i say, and let hte music live!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most annoying of all is a bad music video to a song you like. Then you see the bad video in your head whenever you hear the song. Sad
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, That one can suck balls, that's for sure. But luckily that doesn't happen much to me, considering i never see music videos, because no one plays music on the tv anymore like they did when they first started out.

dumb fuckers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I'm gonna be tortured for the next couple weeks. I usually spend an hour or so every morning before catching the bus either being put in pain by the same videos on VH1 every day or wearing out my ever growing music video/concert DVD collection...but my grandparents are visiting, so I can't do either. Because my grandfather is an uptight prick. Grr! .....save me.....
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to come over to mine while their over Fallen, we can go into New York to the K-Rock studioes and catch a glimpse of metallica! haha! yeah!

among many other wonderful things. lol

good luck with the grandparents Razz so glade i don't have any, how horrible is that of me to think, lmao, but it's the truth.
chux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddox! This guy has an opinion about everything and its always "It sucks". MTV is, of course no exception. You have to read his opinions on MTV and then everything else. Heres the direct link to his first of a few MTV pages...MTV sucks!
Now before you read it, I do like Jackass, but he's just so funny I have to agree!
shadowgodess
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! all they play is rap!
I can not stand the constant rapping with lines like "bitches and whoes" and about people banging each other. Sometimes all that rap stuff makes me want to throw the TV out of the window. I only like the hard-core rock music like Korn and AFI. At least their music can give a better message.
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try listenin' to some Killswitch Engage. That's some hardcore for ya. Smile

I hate the commercials. It's what, four videos, if that, then a long stretch of commercials? It's annoying.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to play devil's advocate because I hate rap as much as any other sane person, but some rap is just as "deep" as any other genre. It's just that MTV plays commercial crap, and their "rock" videos aren't any better. Bunch of whiny teen angst pieces of shit.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i've never associated afi with "hardcore" before... hmm well i don't really listen to them anyway

but yea i agree with you fallen. i think real teen angst died with kurt cobain. all they show now are kids complaining about their daddies and whatever other sob-stories that are trendy for today. bleck.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Every song is about the same thing. "OMG, U don't understand me! No one understands me! My little suburban life sucks 'cause everyone hates me!" Boo friggin' hoo. But with the so-called talent these kids have, it's not surprising they can't write a decent song. As the kiddos get younger, the lyrics get worse n' the talent takes a nosedive. Remember when new artists used to not be 17? Because they'd actually been on their own, livin' on the streets in some cases, and playing club gigs? Getting some experience to draw from for lyrics? Not sitting in their 3 bedroom house learning a few chords and writing some bad teen poetry to play for a record exec and get a record deal because they're nice to look at and because the kids today can "relate" to their "problems", so they'll sell a few records before being forgotten for the next act.

And if the lyrics aren't pathetic little bits of literal "woe is me" junk, they're lame uses of cliche images and "omg I'm uber cool 'cause I wrote these dark lyrics!" verbal masturbation. These kids don't have a single creative idea in their pretty little heads. Bunch of carbon copy hacks (and I'm not naming names for a reason, because I know several of the ones I'd name are well-liked here. Why, I don't know).

I think angst really did die with Kurt because he's the one all the kids today copy. "OMG he's soooo cool, I'm gonna write like that to be cool, too!". But compare Kurt to the average little suburban punk and you'll see the difference between talent and a wannabe. Influences are fine, but to be influenced so much that you're just a pathetic copycat...that's sad. It's no different than art, really. Be influenced by your favorite artist/show/style all you want, but a poorly done reproduction is just that. A fake.

Eh, I'm done. Rolling eyes
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you're so cool. so yes i completely agree. haha those lyrics you wrote are great! you're like totally deep and dark! god. materialist bastards took over the planet and now everything is about image. yea because all the kids going out and buying these cds (won't mention any names, either) are soooo depressed and they can totally relate to all those meaningful lyrics. the bands are just trying to live up to to record companies' and the masses' expectations of what's cool.

and YES i'm so sick of all these nirvana- and kurt-wannabes! ack try being original for once! the companies are spitting out so many new pop and "punk" groups every 5 seconds that there's no time for a creative thought process. soon enough the entire music industry will simply implode in on itself from so much familiar whinyness. poor kurt, he has to observe all this.

hehe verbal masturbation...
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy They all look the same, sound the same, and if you traded band members or songs, no one could tell the difference. "Greed is good" stopped being good after 1989. If there's a buck to be made, I think the massive amount of reality shows and pop acts proves someone will try to make it.

On an only semi-related note, when were all the males in the music industry castrated? Because it's been a long long time since I heard an act where the guys sounded like guys. At best they sound like 15-year-old kids with that horribly annoying whiny teen "Duuude" inflection. I remember when singers used to sing. Sad (then again, I also remember when guitarists used to play more than three power chords in every god damn song, but that's a whole separate issue. Bring back the solo, then we'll see who can put up or shut up)
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SgtNeko-chan (Mindy)"] I hate all the commercials. Hello? It's MUSIC TV, not Commercial TV. Every time I turn on MTV there's a commercial. If I wanted one of those, I'd watch infomercials. [/quote]
What sucks is not only they use a lot of commercials, but it's like not Music anymore, same thing with VH1, it used to be like Music Videos and stuff, and now there's stuff that's not even music-related, *cough* Punk'd *cough*
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least most of VH1's programming is semi-music related, but the article I posted in the music forum is predicting the end of that. Sad I was just thinking the other day, remember Pop Up Video? And Where Are They Now? Dammit, what happened to those shows? I really miss Pop Up Video, and there are so many great old videos they could still do.
Paru
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTV and VH1 still have those music video programs (like the Insomniac Music Theater, or After Hours) on in the wee hours of the morning, which is about the only time I watch tv anyways.
But still, it was better when it used to be all about music, or at least when music was the main focus.

(Uh, and what does VH1 stand for anway? I just realized that I dont know :huh: )
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got rid of The Rock Show awhile ago. Last decent block of programming that wasn't the same videos over and over. There was always at least a few good ones. Saw some old Ozzy (Crazy Train Randy Rhoads Tribute, among others), Aerosmith, Van Halen, all kinds of good videos. Sponsored by Rolling Rock. Grab a Rock. Rolling eyes
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the insomniac s**t doesn't start until like 3 and dies at 5 in the morning. It use to start way before that.

i swear, if you go to work for these tv stations, your working up your carrier in commercial making and sucking up to any music elated person you can, which is a very wide, wide and open category now days. It all sucks, and they should all basically just die.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww i used to love popup video! that was a really interesting and entertaining idea. lol i even saw pop-up brady once, where they showed a brady bunch ep and had little popup info boxes. they counted the number of times the name "davy jones" was said. daaaaaaavy joooones!!!! *girly scream* ahhh!!! hehe funny stuff. davy jones is the shiz

heh heh... uh my neighbor works for mtv, lasher. lol she's really nice, too. never talked to her about her job, tho, i just got a cool, FREE mtv shirt. it's a pretty greyish-purplish colour... yea
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, ask her what she does there? I'm curious.

And god yes, i miss pop up videos, i use to watch that allllll the freakin time. ah, the good old days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: