Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ipod Nano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was looking around the dandy ol' internet the other day-- aparently a group of people are suing apple for their iPOD Nano's screens shattering, saying that they were made of *OBVIOUSLY* lower quality resin.

:huh:

I've seen how people treat Nano, The resin isnt the issue here-- they throw her around thinking she's invincible...

SPOILER: s**t BREAKS WHEN YOU DROP IT.

Banghead W00t! Banghead W00t!
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a class action lawsuit <_<

And the ipod nano's are [i]very easily[/i] scratched, snapped and shattered. And we're not talking about throwing it around. These are people who bought protective covers and take care of their equipment. The ipod nano's resin is much thinner than the others and therefore, scratches extremely easily and within no time unless never touched and breathed upon, can become impossible to read the screen soon enough.

They also snap very easily. Why pay that much money for something you have to be paranoid about and fuss over so much. Things nowadays, are intend and made to withstand day to day abuse with our hectic and crazy lives. The ipod nano fails though. And needs far to much extra care than anyone with a normal life can give or has the time to baby it.

I wouldn't spend a penny on one. I'll stick with the original ipods. No nano's, mini's or shuffles for me. They're s**t to say the least to the original in quality and the ability to take a little abuse (the original can take a lot, like a truck running over it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paru
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but really, how durable can you expect something barely a centimeter thick to be in the first place? :huh:
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the snapping, i could understand. It would be common sense not to sit down with it in your back pocket because it's so thin. The the class action is more so for the scratching. They didn't put enough resin coating on it to keep it from scratching. And that doesn't add hardly anything really. It's just so freakin thin on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you remember when a group of obese individuals sued McDonalds for making them fat?

That was considered a class action lawsuit.

All in all, it's their fault for paying..what? 200$ less on an obviously lower quality product? Just goes to show that people will buy anything as long as it looks pretty. Also, Hardrive > Flash Memory. It's their fault for not doing research on what iPOD they should have got beforehand.

Just like it was the fatty-tan fault for cramming McNuggets down their throats without realising that it would make them fat.

The Stupidity of [s]4channers[/s] people saddens me. W00t!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: