Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Street Fighter Vs. Guilty Gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty Gear ---

[img]http://www.ociojoven.com/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/25609-150x500.jpg[/img]

Street Fighter ---

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/kk/ryu.jpg[/img]

These are two great fighting game series, I just wanted to see what people would say...

I like Guilty Gear a hell of a lot better, in Guilty Gear it takes a lot more than button mashing, well you could, but if you get really good, you can pull off the instant kills, and stuff. The music is really good in Guilty Gear, because each person has a theme song and such, they focus a lot around the music, there's a great selection of characters too, and there's a lot of costumes for each, like 6+. But yeah, the overall animation is also better done by the J.C. Staff (Excel Saga, Someday's Dreamers, etc).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STREET FIGHTER
DG-sama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played either of them but I vote for Guilty Gear cause it has Bridget in it and Bridget is cuteness ^^

[img]http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/DG-sama/Random%20Games/bridget1.jpg[/img]

God damn you signature WORK!
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street Fighter to the max. Street Fighter II, son. Genre DEFINING, son.
Ito6
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty Gear!!!! Laughing
My friend is too damn good at though...
Here's how it would go:
Instant kill
Instant kill
Instant kill
K.O.
Instant kill
Instant kill...
so on and so forth
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Guilty Gear is more complicated, and someone new can't just pick up a controller and instantly be good at it by mashing buttons like in Street Fighter. No, Guilty Gear is much more complex; like the tension bar, and the dust attack, and the instant kill, which you can't just pull off by hitting random buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Akito (Spike760)"] I love how Guilty Gear is more complicated, and someone new can't just pick up a controller and instantly be good at it by mashing buttons like in Street Fighter. No, Guilty Gear is much more complex; like the tension bar, and the dust attack, and the instant kill, which you can't just pull off by hitting random buttons. [/quote]
Oh, s**t. Guilty Gear might have a greater selection of moves and different actions like roman cancels, but that doesn't make it more complicated. As for one being able to pick up a controller and suddenly be a master at Street Fighter, that's bullshit. Guilty Gear is the easier game to play. The combo into anything from anything system is much easier than Street Fighter's strict combo rules. Only certain punches or kicks of varying strengths will combo into a super move or super combo, whereas GG allows you to perform moves at almost any time. Busting out successful chain combos in GG is easy as Hell; it was meant to be. I beat the s**t out of GGX on max difficulty after a few minutes in training mode with Sol. That's impossible to do on any Street Fighter, though. Tension bar? That's just a super gauge. Nothing special about that; all modern 2D fighters have them. I'm not sure why you mentioned instant kills. They don't complicate anything. Either you hit or miss and lose your super bar for a round. And, this line is just nonsense if you're defending GG, "the instant kill, which you can't just pull off by hitting random buttons." Pressing four buttons at the same time and then doing a simple double fireball move is basic. Any newbie at fighting games can do it.

Mashing buttons in Street Fighter is successful play? Go play the game sometime, Akito, before coming up with s**t like that.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. street fighter, button mashing wont get u a win, because people play too strategically, i personally love capcom vs snk2.
as for guilty gear, my first and only time playin i beat the game easily, and i didnt even know exactly what i was doing. its easier than street fighter is, because its slower. in comparison to capcom vs snk2.
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I was hoping for a rebuttal from Akito. Haha, too bad he's leaving Fanart Central forever now. Adios, Akito!

Perhaps I should post more often now, you know, someone has to fill up Akito's old posting position. Smile
Huitzil
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes to Street Fighter without a doubt. I never played the Alpha/Zero games, but the rest of them rock, specially SF3: third Strike. (Ibuki RULES!)

Guilty Gear is okay. Great character designs, cool moves, sweet music, but I just feel that the gameplay is a Versus game without the super jump. Just my opinion.

And remember: Which game has the guy who is POWER MADE FLESH?
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street Fighter is the true arcade/fighting game. It's the first and last greatest fighting game of all time.
Ambush347
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street Fighter > you and your mom

Seriously this has got to be the most strategic fighting game series around. Capcom has gotten to the point where the gameplay is perfect. If you play Capcom vs SNK 2 then you'll know what I mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: