Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Q: Why Can't I Log In?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i]How come I can't log in to the FAC main page? I typed in my username and password correctly (didn't get any error messages), but the FAC main page still says "you are one of the guests". However, I can log in to the FAC forums just fine. What the heck is going on?[/i]

The FAC main site and FAC forums are two separate login sessions -- logging in to the FAC main site does not log you in to the forums, neither does logging in to the forums log you in to the main site. You can easily tell if you are logged in to the FAC main page or not because when you are, you will see "Add Fanwork" and "Edit Profile" options on the tabs at the top; when you aren't, you will see "Login" and "Register" instead.

This is one of FAC's oldest and most persistent problems; it seems to happen at random, and refuses to go away. Sadly we have no guaranteed "cure" for this problem -- but here are a few tips:
[list][*]Make sure that your Internet browser cookies are enabled -- cookies are required to store your login sessions.[*]Make sure you are using the www.fanart-central.net domain (yes, that's [i]with[/i] the hyphen). Alternate spellings of FAC's URL (e.g., "fanart-central.net " or "www.fanartcentral.net") may not always work.[*]Make sure you are using an up-to-date browser such as IE5, Firefox, NS6, (or newer).[*]Flush/clear your Internet cache and cookies, then try to log in again.[*]Quit and restart your Internet browser (and/or computer), then try again.[/list:u]
Sometimes the problem will seem to go away on its own after following one or two of the steps listed above. Lastly, do not panic or assume YOU are to blame for this problem -- it has been around for a very long time; you aren't by far the first to have problems logging in, and you might not be the last one to encounter it either.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Barney--TheAnti-Christ
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't log in now. <_<

This is a little weird. I can't even get my user name or password into the little box. I click on it, and that little line flashes once, but then it goes away. I continue to do this, but the thing still keeps blinking and going away. Is it just my computer? or is there something wrong with the login page?

EDIT: nvm. I got it. Sorry to bug you. Cool
vixie_rose13
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the add fanwork thingy, but still can't get in. everytime I login it sends me to the main page and won't log me in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lestat
My First Post!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can people temper with my username of password?? I think my passwordt is changed. Can I change it back??
hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean tamper? Uneasy ... Or something.

I don't think anyone can change your password unless you are logged in. If you haven't changed it then it shouldn't of been altered. Did you change you password on the forum?
ErdeKaiser
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hikari0205 (Kari)"] You mean tamper? Uneasy ... Or something.

I don't think anyone can change your password unless you are logged in. If you haven't changed it then it shouldn't of been altered. Did you change you password on the forum? [/quote]
Yeah you have to be logged in.
Temper uh thats uh releated to your mind.
And Tamper is right. I think you already knew that Laughing
Link_the_hedgehog_magician
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the FAQ and did everything in my possible knowledge, enabled cookies, upgraded my web browser, everything the FAQ says, but I still can't login, my brother even helped me, and he's a computer expert, but no matter what I can't login, I'm getting annoyed Banghead more like angry. My username is

My web browser is Internet Explorer

The page that wouldn't log me on was the FAC homepage: www.fanart-central.net

I didn't get an error message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've tried about all the suggestions then we can't give much more help than that, I'm afraid. :(

But for the record, what Windows do you have?
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Windows XP.
Angelamy612
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done everything you said to do. Could it just be my computer? I am getting annoyed Banghead by the fact I haven't been able to login in for a very long time. Since February of this year.
Vedenah
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed what the tips said but I still can't log in, it just sends me back to the main page as a guest.What can I do?
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Vedenah (Eva Marini)"] I followed what the tips said but I still can't log in, it just sends me back to the main page as a guest.What can I do? [/quote]
Wait! I fixed up my computer and now it lets me log in! All I did was re-format it. Mayber, your computer was doing the same thing as mine.
Vedenah
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Link the hedgehog magician; I can log on now.
adaobi
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...... How do you re-format and enable cookies, because I can't login to the homepage either. I am kind of lost in those types of areas. Tell me what to do before I lose my mind. Banghead That is not a good thing what so ever.
Free_to_Dream

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Can't log in Reply with quote

Confused I can log into the forums but I cannot log into the main website. I've been trying this for about a year now, and recently I just logged into the main website and it said my screenname listed on who is online. However, there are no "Add Fanwork" or anything of the sort after I log in. It always does this to me and I'm wondering why. Is there anyone who can help me out here? Crying or Very sad
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Add Fanwork" font color is terrible. Hover your mouse around (or just try highlighting the area) to the right of where your username is at the top right of the page. You should find the link eventually. 8D
Free_to_Dream

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...When I signed on, the sign-in thing is still there. My i.d. is not shown or anything. It looks just like I've never signed on even though I am signed on. >.> <.< So...Help.
Angelamy612
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I try to log in but it sends me to the main page, but then when I go to the "Who's Online" page my name is there. I click on it and when I go to my profile it says I'm online. But the thing is I can't comment and when it sends me to the main page, my name isn't at the top right corner. I don't know what to do! And it's been like this since February of 2006! Banghead I have a Windows XP.
LaurenXoXo
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no trouble logining in but now I can't logout. Are the two problems related?
CherryGarcia76
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by CherryGarcia76 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: