Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Laptops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diablis602
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for a decent laptop and I want you guys to help me out. I want a laptop that is above all else cheap, I have almost no cash at the moment. Aside from that I want it to be able to go at a decent speed and have lots of memory. Also I want it to have a decent video card. Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmmm Buy a Desktop instead, laptops are crap

but if you must, then get one with at least 512mb of RAM, anything else is crap.

Don't know much about Video or Graphics cards.

A laptop with like 40 gb would be cheap and then you could get an external hard drive for like $150 maybe and it will have 250gb of memory. They are not that big [about the size of a book or smaller] and you will have memory than you need for a slow price

I think you can only get laptops, over here, with a max 100 - 120 gb Sad

Go with the External Hard Drive OWNED.
diablis602
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice TK421.

I'll consider a desktop if I can find a cheap and small one. My space is also limited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get cheap Desktops everywhere and they are cheap too

You could always just put the Tower [The comp itself] on the ground and put the screen on your desk or whatever

One thing that could help you aswell would be a wireless keyboard with a built-in touch pad, so you need no mouse. I saw them the other day, they look awesome
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how much money you have... If you're talking about something cheaper than $1000.... Go with a desktop. If you're talking about over $1000, I'd get a desktop still. A juiced up one that rocks!!! Yeah... Desktop.
Breloom
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all external harddrives are compatible though especially the 250GB ones have high system requirement and you usually need a really good computer to actully make it work...if your are going to get an exteral drive make sure its compatible with the system works of your laptop/desktop.

Plus you don't really need 250GB thats a lot of data to store and what happens when it malfuctions? you lost all of it... my say is to get about 80GB..low system requirement and you hardly even use it...unless your one of those people who constantly burn movies or something.

About what laptop/desktop you should get....I don't know... Depends what your going to use it for... If gaming you'd want a good video card and a fast processer, if general, probley medium everything...

Cstdenis should come here... hes the overlord on computers Sad
diablis602
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the help guys Gray Wub
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One quick comment.... If you wanted to buy a computer for traveling use, I'm sure you knew to get a laptop. Sometimes you can get some good laptops for fairly cheap, but usually a desktop is better overall. I just thought I'd point that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: