Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Photoshop N Stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radioactive_froggy
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:huh: um yah i have no idea where to get it cause it costs so much and im sooooooo broke right now lol so just wondering if any one knew..... thanks! Laughing
Paru
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it depends on what you're looking for, really.

I got my copy of Photoshop Elements 2.0 at Target for around $45. You can really get it everywhere, I think even Wal-Mart stocks it. A lot of people say that Elements is no good, but I think it works fine. . . . .;

Then there's always places like Best Buy that will stock the 'better', but alas more expensive editions. =/

NINJA EDIT:
I'd really suggest checking out one of those free trials you can find online of whatever you want to buy first. It's doing this that saved me from spending $300 on a program I hated. D:
Radioactive_froggy
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa thanks for the help yah id rather not spend 300 dollars when thats over half of what the ps3 is gonna cost lol grrrr way over priced ...both of em!! lol
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add a little:

What can you actually do with the Photoshop Elements 2.0? I'm sure it's probably not exactly like Photoshop 7.0, but if it's a really good program, I'm sure it's worth the money.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements is all the essentials of PS without the extra filters and brushes no one ever uses (or they shouldn't use, anyway). And full PS has more settings that are pretty much just for large scale printing that corporations use before sending their work to the printers, nothing needed for most people but extremely useful and powerful for the businesses, thus the price.

PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you make your artwork look as good? I've seen some awesome stuff with Photoshop 7.0, so I'm wondering if you can make it look that good. Just figured I'd ask that question. That's what I'm really looking for.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i]Yes, Photoshop can make your art look good, just remember to use as much as filters as you can.[/i]

Don't ask so broad questions, they are impossible to answer.
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filters. Ahhh... experiments. Well, I guess you use what they give you. Maybe I'll have to check out this stuff sometime.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free trials, ask for it for Christmas or your birthday, or get Elements.

Some places you go to buy it you might get a student discount, check to see if your school participates in that. Also, you might be able to get your parents to buy it if you can find a way to put it as a tax write-off (ie if you would use it for art class --> school/education)

Then there's the slightly illegal way...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi-chan
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we get free photoshop in my school, they got the cd and we pass it stusent by student cause they need us to have it so I have no idea of how to get it ^_^
SpiritWolf77
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.creationengine.com is a great student discount site. That's where I got my copy of Photoshop CS2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: