Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Q: Why can't I find my pictures or stories?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Q: Why can't I find my pictures or stories? Reply with quote

[b]Why have some of my pictures (or stories) suddenly disappeared from my gallery after the switch to the new layout? Were they deleted?[/b]

No, they have not. Along with the improved content advisory system, FAC has also added the ability to filter user or category galleries according to the filter options you select, which allows you to exclude any pictures that would contain high levels of content you do not wish to see.

The default filter levels for visitors/guests will hide pictures with moderate level advisories ([color=orange]orange[/color] or [color=red]red[/color] warning icons) issued.

This filtering/viewing system is still being refined. In the meantime, here's what else you can do:

- [b]Edit the preferences on your FAC user profile[/b]. You can either adjust your default advisory levels all to "High", or you can select the [i]Show Warning Thumbnail[/i] option.

- You can also manually adjust all content levels to an appropriate level (such as 'High') when viewing categories or user galleries.

Last edited by Stratadrake on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
3b3
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Q: Why can't I find my pictures? Reply with quote

I did that, but tehy're still gone. At my profil it's written that I have 10 pictures, but they're not in my gallery. Only an error message...can you help me out?? Note, I've been a member for a while, and when Fanart Central was upgraded, my work didn't show up, so I deleted them. And as I submitted more pics, they didn't showe up either...only that error message...
EnvysLover01
My First Post!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Why can't I find my picture? Reply with quote

I posted a picture a couple of days ago and it says I have a picture on Fanart Central, but I can't find it. What's wrong?
3b3
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Why can't I find my picture? Reply with quote

[quote="EnvysLover01"]I posted a picture a couple of days ago and it says I have a picture on Fanart Central, but I can't find it. What's wrong?[/quote]

It depends on the picture you uploaded, it the file was kinda big, it can take a while, so it depends. If your picture still haven't turned up in one week or something, you should contact one of the FC staff (look at the bottom of the page, anywhere I think, and you can see some info about firefox. Some names are written there, click them and ask the people your question. But I'm not sure if they'll answer you or not. Sorry. But you can try!)
InvaderRebecca
My First Post!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: ><; Reply with quote

why does it always take so long for the pictures to upload? why can't they use a system like DeviantArt where you can just upload and it's atomatically there? that would make it so much easier. Very Happy
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAC uses a screening system (monitored by site staff) to help ensure that users are following the submission rules, as in, pictures submitted to the correct category sections and are rated appropriately for their content.
janime
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: my pics still aren't there Reply with quote

i posted um but therer not in my gallery. i wated 24 hours 2 where r they Banghead
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can sometimes take longer than 24 hours.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
3b3
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no! I had my pictures before, and that is 'before' SA got upgraded. If I haden't been following the rules then, the staff would've deleted them, but they didn't, I deleted them myself because they wouldn't uppear after SA got upgraded. But as I posted them again, AND, posted some new pictures, they never appeared.

Can you help me with that one then??
sage_of_time
My First Post!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think FAC should get it's old layout back. This one is kinda making us a little well, upset. I don't really like the changes and no offence, but you guys are trying to be like dA. And I liked it the way it used to be here.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, the "looks like dA" comments go all the way back to day one of the first designs for the new layout. Layzcarter showed a mockup and "looks too much like dA" was the first thing I said about it Rolling eyes

Seriously. Unfortunately, the new colors came built-in with the new features (like more notifications, fans listing, etc.).

Fortunately, we're still planning on adding new color schemes.

Until then, patience is a virtue.
avi17
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: This is the second time now. Reply with quote

I posted a couple of pictures, and waited at least a week, and they never showed up. I thought that perhaps if I did it again... So I tried again, and my picture count went up from 45 to 47, but still no pictures. What's going on?
~Avi-chan
Hikaru_Tenshi
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my stories are GONE! All of them! I kept searching and searching for them, but there nowhere on the website. Even though I just started them, I've worked really hard to type them up and post them on the website. When I find out that FAC had a new layout, it gave me an idea to edit my fics. But when I went to find them, I found out they were all gone. Crying or Very sad Also, when I tried to upload them all over again, I get that annoying error page over and over again. Crying or Very sad

*is uncontrolably crying* Why did FAC had to change the layout! [b]WHY![/b] Crying or Very sad The new layout is almost identical to DA and FAC were just fine the way they were! Crying or Very sad WHY FAC! [b]WHY![/b]

Everyone is talking about lost fanart, what about the fanfic people?! We're part of FAC too! Anyone who was in the same situation that I am in now and found a solution, please PLEASE [b]PLEASE[/b] help me!Crying or Very sad
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I don't want to be overly sarcastic here, but what ever happened to READING the thread before replying to it? You have eyes, use them.
WindWhisperer
My First Post!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad yeah, I'm having the same problem too... Uploaded a picture last night and have now logged on this morning and it says that I have 1 picture submitted but I can't find it anywhere Crying or Very sad oh well, guess I'll just have to be patient Wink
number_371
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that some pictures fail to appear under their categories depending on how you arrange the gallery. I'm guessing that maybe this has something to do with the way not all stats are updating right now? For example, "games>action/platform games" reports 18 images, but it seems to have a lot more than that now. 25 images show (i.e. 1 page) but there aren't any additional pages, and there's definitely more than that, as can be seen by changing the options for ordering. I suppose it's determining the number of pages to provide from the 18 statistic, and for that reason no additional pages are linked to.
RenAndDren
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is the same as avi17's. Around five days ago, or perhaps more, I submitted 2 pictures into my gallery, a few days later I submitted 3 pictures, then, yesterday I submitted another picture. Now, when I look at the current amount of pictures that I have it says I have 13, but you can only see 9; I have not even received an error message. Even if I set everything to "high" I still cannot see the pictures that I submitted. Can anyone help me with that?

-RenAndDren
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about the Approval Panel, either. If you have recently submitted a picture, it might not have been reviewed yet.

Holiday weekend, massive # of submissions by everybody.
RenAndDren
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean, that could explain the newest one not appearing. But I submitted a few way back in early June that have yet to appear; and it is quite bothersome.

-RenAndDren
ScolexIsGod
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soz, I'm gonna make this thread on everyone's FAC issues even longer [i]but[/i] I also seem to have the same problem as well as the same thing happening with my fave pics. I had like 15 and instead I have 2. Lol. Anyways hope ya find the culprit soon. (Betcha it's gonna be coz a my stupidity) :d
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: