Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Your Most Emotional Moment In A Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReikkiMerru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing that comes to mind is that famous death scene in Final Fantasy 7 where Aeris dies. It was the first game ever to induce tears from my eyes. I was feeling sort of depressed for a week given that I developed an emotional attachment to Aeris after witnessing her tragic past.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define emotional: As in, emotional sad, emotional happy, emotional any which way?

I wasn't sad about Aeris's death in FF7, in part because I knew it was coming. In a way, I had already said my goodbyes when it happened.

Now on the other hand, this isn't game related but in pondering ideas for my FF7 fic I thought up a few which were pretty teary (to me at least) ... but damn I can't remember what they were.

The next saddest moments come from FF6, as follows:
- Celes trying to commit suicide after Cid died. Nothing FEELS like a "Game Over" like witnessing the end of the world and then seeing your (supposedly) only remaining team member try to off themself....
- In Kohlingen, Locke's recalling how he failed Rachel in the past. I mean, Locke's a hero. He may not be as versatile as some others, but to find out that this guy had such a guilt trip riding on him....

Some other semi-sad moments in games that I've played:
- The entire ending sequence of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I liked the King of Red Lions, I was pretty sad to see him go.
- Kingdom Hearts, Sora's sacrificing himself to save Kairi

Next, for other categories of emotion. I can't remember all of them, but here's a few:

Most emotional/angry moments at a game:
- Basically anything where I've been playing too long and too seriously.
- Like FF9's card game. You know you're too caught up in a pointless side-quest when you throw the controller across the room after losing several rounds.

Most emotional/scared moments in a game:
- Super Metroid. Two spots in particular, right after beating Ridley you discover that the baby Metroid broke loose, and then when you actually [i]meet[/i] the "baby" Metroid again.
- Kindgom Hearts, Platinum Match vs. Sephiroth. I had heard that FF7's villain was making a cameo, and despite that (at the time) I hadn't played FF7, when he came in all I could think was, "Is... that... SEPHIROTH?" And in ten seconds he knocked Sora right out of the battle.

Most emotional/happy/heroic moments in a game:
- Beating Ganon in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Many, many games, usually RPG's, I'll run out of steam near the end and never finish it. Wind Waker was an extremely strong exception: I never once lost interest, never once lost any steam. As a result, I really, really loved the ending.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bishoujo game Kana Imotou (Kana~ little sister) ending #2

I won't give much details for spoiler reasons, but Kana is terminally Ill.
Ambush347
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a hot chick is on screen and I blow my wad all over the tv. Smile
ReikkiMerru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake ()"] Define emotional: As in, emotional sad, emotional happy, emotional any which way?

[/quote]
Sorry, didn't mean to be so vague.

By emotional, I mean any scene that invoked a strong sensation. Anger, happiness, sorrow, etc.
plungergirl
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... anyway... let's see... Some parts that made me very sad in games:
- In FFX, at the end of the game, when Tidus fades and doesn't tell Yuna he loves her (actually, I was both sad and angry) and then that part (don't remember if it was in the end of the game or that epilogue movie thing on my demo disc) when Yuna is standing on the dock whistling... man, I cried... Also, when Tidus had to fight Jecht... *sniffle* I'm soo attatched to that game and the characters... which is why I play FFX-2
- In FFX-2, when Yuna/Lenne sings the song, "1000 Words"... probably the most that I ever cried in a game, I'm serious...
- The ending of Kingdom Hearts, when he finally finds Kairi, and then they're separated... goodness... also, when Sora get turned into a little heartless thing... I was soo sad...
- FF7... when you find out about Tifa's family and such... still have to finish that game...

Yeah... can't think of anything else right now... huh... maybe I'll have to come back after I think of something...
Shiree00
My First Post!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the sadest part was when Riku gets locked in Kingdom Hearts.
And also when Kairi gets seperated from Sora. I cried so much!!
( but my dad was there so I tried not to cry in front of him. When he left I sure
did Razz ) Come to think of it...everthing near the end of KH was sad!!
k...all I have to say ^_^
shadowgodess
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Aeris dies in FF7 and the whole ending part of Kingdom Hearts.

Sirius
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I became master of orion in Master of orion.
When I became a god in Baldurs gate 2:throne of bhaal.
When I became a god in summoner.

Well you get the idea
YellowPill
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Aeris all that much, so it didn't upset me all that much.

And...well...I think that FFX made me the saddest. But it WAS really sad to see Celes attempt to take her life in FF3 (or 6 whichever you choose to call it) Oh! And when Cyan's family died (FF3) And when Crono died (Chrono Trigger)

Happiest?? I dunno. I liked it when Zidane came back at the end of FF9. And when I brought Crono back to life (Chrono Trigger). Honestly, this list could go on and on. So I'm just going to stop now.
chux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has to be Aeris I think...I did knwo it was coming, but I didnt know when, so it was still a shock, and I hated Sephiroth after that...grr

What about FFX made you sad Laurie? I was going Surprised at the end, not sad...it was great...in a sad way I guess
YellowPill
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great?! Tidus just..left! Just hopped off of the airship thingy, and never said "I love you" back to Yuna. So I was pretty pissed too. Like plungergirl!
insane_with_anger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when meryl on metal gear solid gets shot by sniper wolf, and snake has to get that sniper! rifle oh and snake comes back and meryls gone, i would be so pissed!!! i would kill sniper wolf Grr!
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I never got emotional from a game but only a bit once in Secret of Mana when the sprite character was separated from the other two,they went through so much Sad .But I did get shocked in,obviously,the death scene of Aeris the first time I played it and I was shocked when I saw the Captain infested by the Flood in Halo 1,Halo 2 is yet to come.

Member No. 5,524
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah come on! He knew that if he had said it back she would have been overly depressed that she had lost him.
Anyway, it looks like hes back in FFX-2, so they'll be ok
YellowPill
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always looking on the bright side, huh? haha.

I guess you're right though. But, I dunno. It was still the one that made me the saddest. I've been too lazy to finish FFX-2 100% I should do that sometime, ahah
Vampiress-Ozzy
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:In FFX, at the end of the game, when Tidus fades and doesn't tell Yuna he loves her (actually, I was both sad and angry) and then that part (don't remember if it was in the end of the game or that epilogue movie thing on my demo disc) when Yuna is standing on the dock whistling... man, I cried... Also, when Tidus had to fight Jecht... *sniffle* I'm soo attatched to that game and the characters... which is why I play FFX-2:

Your right carrie at the end of ffx when tidus dies and when yuna leanee sing 1000 words when I herd the chorus I thought OH s**t this song is beautifull anither song tear jurker is suteki da ne off ffx
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Legend of Dragoon for about four hours straight one day. Just progressing through the storyline and leveling up. The light went out in my house and I hadn't saved my game. I stared at the television for a while and didn't eat much that day.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya there. Those occasional brownouts are a force to be reckoned with. One time long ago, when I was playing FF3 on the SNES, I was moving my team upwards through the magic tower, and suddenly there's this short dip in the power (fraction of a second) and the SNES lost it.

At least the modern consoles like PS2 and GC can survive small blips like that. One time I was playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on the GC Game Boy Player, and over the course of about five minutes the power blipped out three times -- but the GC kept playing! That the console didn't skip a beat, really spooked me....
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
shadowgodess
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the happiest moment in a game is when they showed Another Side, Another Story in Kingdom Hearts. I was like"yes! there is going to be a KH2'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: