Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fanart Based On A Fanfiction.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonofabitch!! I'm the only one posting in here!

[*sigh*] The deadline is being extended one week. The new end date is Saturday, September 11th. By midnight... which makes it Sunday the 12th.... Shut up.

Just enter. Squidman: you said you'd enter. [*holds out grubby chimp hands expectedly*] And Goss: you e-mailed me your entry, but you haven't put it up here yet. Get cracking, ladies.

Zakuman's going to Dragon Con and will submit his entry upon his return... or sooner.

John!! You have a qualifying entry! Put it up in here! Gaaaaah!!

Everyone now has an extra week. I know you want the cookies, for I am the best cookie baker in all the land.

"This is the only thing I do well."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh,hi, here's my entry
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, John!

Thank you thank you thank you!! Weeeeeee!

...I also dig your icon. ^__^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zakuman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you said it's still going... so here's my entry. Ok I'm off to bed now.
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just delightfully funny. Thanks, Zakuman.

Did I mention how much I love the colouring? ...'Cause I love the colouring.

Last day, kiddies- get up and get going.

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should have mentioned that I'm ending this at midnight, Eastern time.

So, I'm going to trust anyone who wants to enter by midnight on the 11th their time.

...[*psshhh*] Like anyone else will enter.

I'll be back tamale night to announce the obvious winners. <_<

Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SAID YOU WOULD GET A PIC SO A PIC YOU SHALL GET!!!

Pht... Sorry it's such shoddy work... left it off till the very last minute... couldn't get multiple things to work out for me, but I REFUSE TO BREAK A PROMISE, so here you go. HB in the shower, as scribbly, poorly shaded, and misproportioned as he can get. But still here. At least that counts for something... *just spent the last 30 minutes working feverishly to transform a sucky scribbly concept sketch into something half-decent*

Ch'.... well, here it be.... um, I'll go now, I'm not supposed to be online at the moment.....

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squids, in order to fully judge all entries, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a link to a full size version of your drawing.

I have printed all entries but yours and need to see it on paper to get the best feel for it. Oh yeah, you're in the running.

About the printing of entries- I'm not doing anything with them other than looking at them. I love all the drawings and have simply put them in a binder to preserve for as long as paper lasts in a binder. You won't see these floating around a website run by me, claiming to have been drawn by me. That'd be sad.

Ladies and gentlemen: this contest is over.

I will post the results sometime next week and will collect home addresses and cookie requests as soon as the winners are informed of their... winning.

And a great, big, heart-felt thanks are extended to everyone who entered. I appreciate your participation.

Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Um, that is the full sized version of that pic... if you want I could rescan it and make bigger, I just didn't see the need to when I was scanning it originally...

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the last post for this contest. All correspondance will take place via e-mail from here on out.

I am here to announce the winners of my Fanart Based on a Fanfiction contest.

Now, originally, I said there would be three winners. And, for some naive reason, I thought more than five people would enter. Pssshh! What an idiot I am!

Since only five people have entered (and I'm related to one of them), I am declaring four winners. GlassEye doesn't qualify because of the whole 'relation' thing. ...And she'll get cookies from me anyway. Very Happy

Now, don't go thinking I'm making you a default winner. That is so not the case. I am making four winners because I just couldn't choose three. I love all of the entries. I will even tell each of you what, exactly, I love about your drawing in a contact e-mail.

So, for those too lazy to go back up and check out the contest entries, here are the winners- in the order that they entered:

Miki's Hellboy shower pic for TQ's Fanfic art contest

John's Hellboy in Ablution

Zakuman's Hellboy in the shower

And last, but most certainly not least:

Squidman. Her entry isn't at FAC, so no link for you. ^__^

There you have it, kids. Four very deserving winners. I will e-mail each of you for your cookie choice and home address. Once I receive that, it should only be about two weeks until cookie time. I will be contacting you through the e-mail you have listed in your profile. If you don't use that mail anymore, please contact me with the e-mail you currently use.

Thank you all so much for entering. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you've drawn; I just lack the words. Each of you is so very good at what you do. All the different styles and approaches taken are magnificent. I know that every one of you will go very far in the business of drawing... if that is what you choose to pursue as a career.

Perhaps, at a later date, I will start up another contest. Rolling eyes

silvi
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question... Is it ok to make the image pure digital?
Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... this contest ended two years ago....

silvi
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Ouch!! Reply with quote

Don't I feel stupid now.... 'K
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: