Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Of Mice And Men

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I was supposed to read this book for summer reading, so I expected it to be another american clissic centered on racism, that I would find boring.

Oh how wrong I was.

An intersting tale it 'twas. But the real gold was the ending.

It made me cry.

A book made me cry.

That has never happened prior to This book.

Thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EN1X
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated it with a passion. Not in the least bit did I find it at all interesting. It dragged on and on and has got to be one of the worst books I've ever read.
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to read it back in my freshman year. I thought it was pretty good. The ending really was sad, too. Sad

I thought it was a pretty good book, especially since it was the only one I really read that year. Smile I was a bad kid that never did his work. Rolling eyes

You should watch the movie. It was actually pretty true to the book. (usually isn't the same with movies from books.....)

<3 Lenny <3 Retards pwn.
unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's fucked up what he did to his own brother. I hate that f**king book. it had absolutely no purpose to be written but to make people sad. No damn purpose damn you! and then the bunnies :o

f**king damn book! Grr! Sad
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's the point. ;_;

bastards

I enjoyed the book and the film equally. I like the audio tape too, cause the lady is quite obviously spoken by a man and he says "Bye boys" in the most homoerotic way I think I've ever heard.

Awesomely emotive stuff right here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk4444
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH come on it's not all that bad. it inspired a cartoon.

DUH WHAT'S A RABBIT GEORGE....DUH Razz

i agree i loved it to a degree. its not as bad as the pearl. i loathe that book with a passion more then you all hate this book. <_<
KingdomHeartShera
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really feel much either way about it. I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I normally read, so . . . yeah. I'm a freshman, so I had to read it for English. Our teacher's pretty cool: He did many, many impressions of the characters. ^_^ XD "And we'll go and we'll raise the wabbits, Geowge . . . BANG!!"

It made me sad, but it didn't make me cry. The movie, however, came close. They often have that effect on me.
garfield_maniac
Rookie

Location: Well... there are trees, um... grass. Ok I really don't know where I am.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Hmmmmm... Reply with quote

I to read the book for English... but in year ten... this year actually. Yea, I'm not too old... or smart... or handsome... or... back to the book! It was very boring for the rest of my class but they could read [i]any[/i]thing and fall asleep. Personally I liked the book, though I didn't see Of Mice and Men as Steinbeck's greatest work I found that I couldn't help but get caught up in the moment. The movie was very good to, very true to the text but different in some parts (the bus at the beginning, we don't read about it passing them), it was still great though!

"Caboose, we need to get back to base and your [color=red]mom [/color]can't come" Church, RvB

"Hey, next time you go out of town to embarras the crap out of us, bring me along. I'm great at losing, I could be one of our All Stars!" Grif, RvB

"For a rock, he flew pretty good!" Sarge, Halo 2

Smile... tomorrow will be worse.
DiamondofLongCleeves
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that book. We had to study it in detail for 2 years, which took away from it a bit, but it was still a great book. I saw it as a play too and it was great. The ending made me cry too. I was lucky that I read ahead before, cos someone actually cried in the middle of class when we were reading it Shocked
Deity
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied this book for school coursework and enjoyed it lol. It was a nice story with los of tense, unexpecting moments Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: