Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Section Rules

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Section Rules Reply with quote

This section of the forums is for tracking down the original owner to artwork on FAC that you think [i]may[/i] have been stolen. Because we cannot prosecute an "art thief" without knowing who they are stealing work [i]from[/i], if you suspect a user to be stealing artwork from other users, but are unsure of who, this is where to post.

Please, you [b]must[/b] observe the following rules -- failure to do so will result in immediate moderator action upon your posts without notice.

[list=1][*][b][color=red]This is NOT a forum for filing abuse reports.[/color][/b] If you [b]already[/b] have evidence of a stolen work, great! But instead of posting here, send a PM (private message) to a Site Helper with the information you have and we will handle the case from there. [i]Do not post any abuse reports here or they will be removed and/or deleted "on sight", without warning.[/i]

[*][b][color=red]DO NOT[/color][/b] link directly to [i]any[/i] submission on FAC. This has been a recurring problem, so for clarity, you [b]must copy the suspected art to an external image host[/b] (such as PhotoBucket) [b]and link the image in from there.[/b] Any attempts to link to a submission on FAC will result in immediate moderator action without warning.

This rule is to protect the identity of the accused, which naturally leads to the following....

[*][b][color=red]DO NOT[/color][/b] provide the name(s) of any FAC members you suspect to be stealing. We don't need you pointing fingers at other people and shouting "THIEF!" for everyone to hear. On one hand, if it turns out that they [i]are[/i] the original artist and not a thief, then you have made a grievous error in accusing them -- few things, not even actual art theft, are as potentially horrifying as being accused of stealing [i]your own[/i] work. And on the other hand, if the user is indeed stealing work, telling them you know about it may only encourage them to delete the evidence before we can prosecute them for it.

Linking to the [i]original[/i] artist or work is of course fine (and in fact encouraged), but naming the thief or linking to the suspected stolen work is not, and will result in moderator action without notice.

[*]Once someone has found the original artwork, then PM a Site Helper with the evidence you have (i.e. stolen pic URL, original pic URL) and we will handle the prosecution from there.[/list:o]

You can also use this forum for general discussion about art theft, even if your own works are being stolen. But, as mentioned before, abuse reports should be filed in private with a Site Helper rather than being posted for all public members to see. DO NOT EVER name a suspected FAC member as a thief or link to a stolen work -- even when you're right, regardless of what proof you have, calling them out i npublic is simply not allowed, so don't go there. Violations of these rules will result in immediate moderation.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: