Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Disc Read Errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else had this problem? Anybody else unbelievably pissed off about it? I can't stand it when I pop a disc into my PS2 umpteen times and each time it makes funny noises and displays the unholy message: "Dis Read Error." I've found way around the problem (turning on the diagnosis feature in the console menu), but until I figured this out I was ready to buy a whole new machine! This problem ticked me off so bad I drew a picture and put it up in the Legacy of Kain/Sou Reaver category in the Games section. Comments?

P.S. If you'd like to know how to fix this, I might post some tips later.
http://fanart.ctgameinfo.com/pictures.php?...e&picture=42361
Note: Artist's interpretation of emotion toward problem. This shold not be done to your PS2!
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAAh this problem has happened to me twice already. The first time they gave me a free replacements, but this time they wont let me do it cos my warranty is void. They said that my laser had burnt out Grr! Im thinking about buying a new one or get an x-box cos their cheaper or waiting for a ps3.

If you do find a solution that would be magical
Mac
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who told you the laser was burnt out? Surely that's not [i]why[/i] the warranty is void? Anyway, before you turn in the system, I've got a few tips.

First, try turning the Diagnosis on. You do this by turning the system on and pressing triangle when the main menu comes up. Highlight console, press triangle again, and press X. Turn diagnosis on, then back out to the main menu.

If that doesn't work, you can clean it with some canned air or a cleaning disc. If your system won't read any discs at all, the cleaning disc may not work. If you're going to use canned air and you've got the little red straw attached, BE CAREFUL. I had one of those things shoot into my system and it was a bitch getting it out.

If neither one of those works, there are other things you can do, but they're a little more drastic.
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called up sony when my first broke and they told me "oh this happens all the time, your lasers probably burnt out" so i sent them mine and they brought me a new one. But they didnt tell me i only had a 2 month warranty now. So now its broken again i have to pay 60 quid. I dunno how much that is in america.

I shall try some of your ideas. Thank you
Mac
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, either, but in America it costs over $100 to fix an off-warranty PS2. Like I said, it's probably not the laser, the person you were talking to just didn't know what was going on. It's probably the reading-lens, for which I have made my suggestions. They may or may not help, but they're better than nothing.
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope its officialy bust, i used to be able to play ps games but no longer. So ive dusted me playstation 1 and began to play ff8. Very Happy
Simple
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ps2 wont read my old ddr disks, so i have to plug in the ps1 for them to work now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mac
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine still has some trouble playing PS1 games. I fixed it by turning the system vertical. That seemed to help a lot. I also have to turn on the diagnosis sometimes. Regular cleaning with the canned air stuff helps, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: