Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A collage of topics by yours truly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

is gobal warming our fault??
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
global what????
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

MysticRain
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: A collage of topics by yours truly Reply with quote

Issue number one.
This is an issue that has been rampaging on for decades (I think).
it was even listed as one of the 10 ways the world could end!! (SciFi).
Global warming. right now you are probably thinking "not again"...well, this may be different....I am going to debate myself so be amazed Shocked

First off, the question....is global warming our fault????

well, for starters, it very well could be. According to scientists, most of the warming took place over the last 50 years. Because there is a lot (and I mean A LOT) of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases getting released into the air, from burning fossil fuels and land clearing and agriculture...causing an increase in the greenhouse effect. which makes the earth hotter.
And because the earth is hotter, so is the water. Which melts the polar ice caps. which is bad because then those animals go extict...and that melted ice makes the sea level rise....and that means you can say goodbye to those seaside cities because the water level could rise to be 500 ft (no kid, my friend, no kid). That is also bad. very bad indeed. And that also leads to an increase in precipitation (like, rain and snow and stuff). These changes can make bad weather come around worse and more often. yeah. That means floods, droughts, heat waves ( Crying or Very sad ), hurricanes (as you may have observed), and yeah. Twisters.
and not to mention the spread of disease is more likely and animals can go extinct. that is also a bad thing FYI.

To put it into perspective, take a look at this weather report. It is kind of how global warming is effecting us.

1130 AM EDT FRI JUL 28 2006 ...STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE LATER TODAY...

A WEAK COLD FRONT WILL MOVE OFFSHORE TODAY. AT THE SAME TIME, AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION AND HELP TO PRODUCE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS, SOME OF WHICH MAY BE STRONG TO SEVERE. BESIDES STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND HAIL, LOCALIZED HEAVY RAINFALL AND FREQUENT LIGHTNING COULD OCCUR.

IF YOU HAVE OUTDOOR PLANS TODAY, KEEP AN EYE TO THE SKY. SEEK SHELTER IF THUNDERSTORMS APPROACH.

They get worse everyday for us.

Now, it's my turn. Confused
Global warming may NOT be our fault.
Shocked

Do you remember the ice age??? Like, everything was ice. yeah. It melted. so who is to say that this is our fault when it could be natural??? over 1 or 2 thousand years before 1850 (great. history class), the earth's temperature was believed to be pretty stable, with some regional fluctuations, like the Medieval warm period and the Little ice age.

The climate system varies both through natural "inner" processes, as well as in response to outside forcing from human AND non human causes...like sun activity, volcanic emissions, and...erm...greenhouse gasses. Climatologists do agree that the earth has warmed over the years...but why is still an active field of reasearch. but the scientific consensus identifies greenhouse gases as the primary cause of the recent warming. that is very debatable, especially to those outside of the scientific community 8) .

But some scientists did find the fossils of palm trees under a glacier, I believe.

My theory (highly debatable by myself ^^)

Maybe this is normal, to undergo global warming. It has happened before, right? Maybe it's like the earth has an eternal clock. Every hundred thousand years it warms and every other hundred thousand years it cools. That is highly debatable but who knows????

But, it is very possible that this is normal but we are helping it along. Perhaps it was warming at a much slower rate until we stepped in with the fossil fuels and stuff. Now the change is much more noticable.

Well, we can maybe help out. If it is caused by us, here's what we can do:

Ride a bike or a scooter!!!! It's fun, and healthy. you won't be burning up fossil fuels. And you will also save some money too. With the prices rising, you will have a better cash flow if you don't blow it on gas 8) .

Light bulbs. Use florescent ones. They cost less in the long run and last a heck of a lot longer than those value pack ones. They won't waste that much coal either.

those are a couple of suggestions.

okay. Here is the deal. What do you think?? I want to know real bad!!

but please be nice. I'm only 13 for pity's sake!! but still, share your opinion. Freedom of speech, just pg-13 8) .
loveliesbleeding
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes most of us have seen Al Gore's movie and we all know it's our fault.

There is this lovely video going around that was set up by some oil companies to actually dis-credit the movie. i found that entertaining.

But yeah all the dog farts in the world couldn't make holes as big as we are.
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can we ever distrust the man who invented the internet? Biased propaganda on the silver screen... it must be true!

MysticRain already covered all the points I wanted to make. There was global warming that ended the ice age (much more severe warming, obviously). Though many parts of the earth are melting/warming, other parts of the earth are freezing. Our fuel consumption has been cut since the shortage.

If a Democrat were in office right now, that movie would have never been made.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nimrodel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said, I also believe it is normal, but not with this speed!
So, we are fault because the global warming effects dont stop there.

Other things are also caused by man kind which helps a lot with the set we are in. For example, acid rain and destruction of 03 (ozonio).
What I mean is, the global warming have its causes and consequences interconnected with other facts that we cant leave beside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: