Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why do none of the thumbnails work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Why do none of the thumbnails work? Reply with quote

This is a problem with the ad blocking component of the MacAfee suite (MacAfee Internet security specifically I think). It thinks the thumbnails are ads becasue they are dynamic images.

To fix it, disable the setting "block ads and pop-ups" under "Privacy Service".

Some other ad blockers may also be affected by this problem.

Only other cause I know of is images blocked in firefox.

Last edited by cstdenis on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
fablespinner
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not under INTERNET SECURITY

Privacy Services is it's whole individual section. (I tried under Internet Security First nothing there was causing the blocking issue.)

I tried disabling each individual component of the MacAfee suite and found the little culprit when I disabled that section entirely.

Once I knew it was in that section I began tweaking the specifics within and sure enough it was the pop-up and ad blocker causing the problems.

^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: