Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Holes in the plot line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kickassgirl
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Holes in the plot line Reply with quote

Okay, I can't give a lot detail on my fanfic, but I have a little problem with part of it. (Sorry, it's kind of vague.) Basically there's an evildoer in an asylum. He's pretty smart in the mechanical field, but socially lacking. He's funny in a pathetic way. For this to work, his enemies (the good guy's obviously) need to help bust him out. Except they're the ones who landed him in there in the first place, so of course their reaction is, "Why should we help you?" I think there needs to be some sort of trade, but it can't be objects, money, or just that they fell sorry for him. ('Cause they don't!) There could also be something weird with the staff or management or whatever. If anyone can help a little with this, I can finally get on with the story. (I just don't like to lead up to things until I know what I'm leading up to.) Thanks again.
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the real question be why the GOOD GUYS want to bust him out? THey wouldnt be in there to do it if they didn't need him for something. The bad guy offers nothing, but the good guys are busting him out cause they need his mechanical genius for something they need? They offer him his freedom if he builds them something.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...as well it should be. If you're not sure it's dead, put a bunch more holes in it, should fix the problem...
Kickassgirl
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is, the good guys DON"T want to bust him out. I just need to figure out a way in which they're required to. (I need them to, otherwise, the plot won't tie together.)

Chuck Norris has got noth'n on me.

We are the criminals that our parents warned us about.

"Hey, if times are crazy, then it's time to conform."
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wish you good luck with that then, LOL. You're looking at something VERY convoluted. IT's one in the same. Thier need to break the guy out and their reason should be one in the same or else they will never even have a desire to break him free. Good guys would not just break a man out of jail just because he was being treated badly, they would appeal to the authorities first. Not to mention that the typical good guy would also not be watching the inner workings of a prison system, they would be watching the goings on in the world. It's sort of a hole you've put yourself in here. If you cant find a way to make the plot go, then you might want to consider going back and rewriting the beginning or even adding in a family connnection between a good guy and the bad guy.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...as well it should be. If you're not sure it's dead, put a bunch more holes in it, should fix the problem...
auron6658

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it. Have one of the good guys become very angry at the other good guys. then he can bust said evil-doer out and they can be partners.
Kickassgirl
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I'll try that.

Chuck Norris has got noth'n on me.

We are the criminals that our parents warned us about.

"Hey, if times are crazy, then it's time to conform."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: