Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Is this girl allowed to do this?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

Location: Glaring at Google SketchUp for shutting down automatically. Again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Is this girl allowed to do this? Reply with quote

DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC! IT HAS BEEN SOLVED MONTHS AGO!

STOP REPLYING!!

-Edit by Nilly

Everytime a n00b does something stupid - spams, harasses, refuses to read the rules - I hit my head on the desk. Please dun mack my poor noggin suffer drain bamage.

Last edited by Nilitac_Tesgrah on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not ok to force ones personal beliefs down a persons throat. Personally, if it where me she was yelling at, about my gay uncle (I have one as well), I'd bitch slap her and ask her where is her god now. Yup. That would shut her up. I don't know this girl, but I already know that If i where to ever meet her, I wouldn't like her. Neutral

[edit] If she does it again, just laugh at her and turn around then ignore her. Show her that you really couldn't care less.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always ignore them, but then they usually grab my hair or my shirt and say I'm disrespecting god.

And believe me, if I hit them, I'd get suspended.

Everytime a n00b does something stupid - spams, harasses, refuses to read the rules - I hit my head on the desk. Please dun mack my poor noggin suffer drain bamage.
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull them off you. What the hell kind of school allows god crazed people attack others with different beliefs? D:<. Um...I don't know what I can tell you to help, If all else fails, tell the principle. Or if you just want to be silly, go to school sataned out. Or hold a sign of the devil and throw it at them. *shrug* Dunno.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually tempted to just get homeschooling, because I don't think my school's that safe to begin with. They let a sex offender in our school. He's a seventeen year old; he molested an eight year old when he was fifteen.

And that's going to be fun when I go to school on Wednesday. =D

Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not just exaggerating for the sake of aympathy on the internet and you have people pulling your hair while they scream religion at you, just go ahead and be a bitch with it. Disturb some shit or ruin some lives or whatever. Nothing that happens in highschool matters after highschool anyway.

Threaten legal action for assault and harassment or something. They're always bitching about the separation of chuch and state, if you're ambitious enough just go around pulling strings until some crazy bleeding heart liberal group descends on the school in outrage for allowing religious freaks to run around rampant like that.

Bonus points if the state ends up taking her in the end. Rest happy knowing someone you don't like is miserable.

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Squiddy? The girl who might be taken by state custody is the nice one that listens. The other one is the one I have trouble with.

And I wish I could do that.

Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I getcha. thought it was the psycho Christain one. That's what I get for going back and forth between message boards and Photoshop.

But man, get the Christo taken into custody for the epic win.

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Envied_Chaos
Has No Life

Location: Being a no life in my room, blasting Miyavi, or in my bed, sleeping. 8D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not okay, and this is what you do. I deal with this a lot because I'm Atheist and go against a lot of things other Religions tend to do.

Tell her you respect her views, and accept that she believes in this higher power, but tell her if she doesn't back the fuck up from you and doesn't stop shoving religion down your throat, she's gonna have a lot more than God to worry about.

If not that and you're a bit less tempermental than I, say the same thing, only change the last part to she's being watched God, and God probably doesn't like that she's not accepting all of his children the way they are or something.
Envied_Chaos
Has No Life

Location: Being a no life in my room, blasting Miyavi, or in my bed, sleeping. 8D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore this. Internet decided it didn't like me.
Craze_aka_Everblight
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its never okay for anyone to try to force religion on people. your religios belief is your own opinion and no one can change it other than you. id just slap the chick and walk away but hey thats just me....

"In view a humble Vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vissisitudes of fate." - V for Vendetta
http://www.myspace.com/foreverblighted
DivineNightshade
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Well, i'm christian... and i do have some beliefs

but everybody is different

theres jewish, budist,christains and muslims

but one thing in common

"Children of God"

And that is what makes us the same, because god loves all of us

I used to be homophobic(I'm straight and i thought it was a sin...and i can't forgive myself now...I"M SUCH A JERK!)

But gay people are like everybody else, they can love, love doesn't have to be Boy and girl

In my opinion, god gave passions in our hearts, with likes and dislikes, some people like the opposite gender, some people like the same gender, And that's perfectyl fine, as long as we love eachother

At least that is my opinion.............
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

DivineNightshade wrote:

but one thing in common

"Children of God"

I used to be homophobic(I'm straight and i thought it was a sin...and i can't forgive myself now...I"M SUCH A JERK!)

But gay people are like everybody else, they can love, love doesn't have to be Boy and girl

In my opinion, god gave passions in our hearts, with likes and dislikes, some people like the opposite gender, some people like the same gender, And that's perfectyl fine, as long as we love eachother

Hun, don't make "children of god" refrences on FaC, you find your self drowned in people smarter then you destorying you belief.

I am an Anarchistist*, atheist, punk with his mind stuck in the late 60's to mid 80's, and I find it truly offensive to be called a "child of god". I don't agree with that crap**, and I would reguest you keep your fucking opinions and beliefs to your fucking self and not sprout shit. Thankies

* I belave in anarchy, but that it wouldn't work in modern socity.

** Crap being used as a general term.
AriaGunnir
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Good gravy... Reply with quote

*sigh*

I bet that if you found out about where this girl went to worship, and requested a meeting with her priest/rabbi or whomever, and explained what she was doing, then her own spiritual leader would tell her chill out. You could also suggest that her spiritual leader do a talk in her classroom about how a of lot of wars happen in the name of faith because of overzealousness and lack of tolerance. If she truly believes what she claims, she is certainly not displaying the "loving and forgiving" attitude or the "love thy neighbour as yourself." Perhaps if someone she respects points this out to her she will back off.

On the other hand... I agree with at least threatening legal action, only I wouldn't bother threatening that gal who is spewing spittal and being all rabid about her beliefs. She might need some other sort of help and she's probably not going to want to get any from you.

I recommend going to a school counsellor or to the principal, and tell them you are considering looking into legal action because you feel your human rights are being violated. Part of the constitution is to allow everyone the freedom of speech and beliefs without persecution: that girl is poisioning your environment, and is trying to take away your right to have a peaceful discussion and exchange of ideas. Rabid Girl should just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear, (AKA: boycott) and avoid situations or discussions she feels uncomfortable about. You could also tell your parents and bounce some ideas around.

I think it would be REEEALLY interesting if you could get a teacher to mediate and have the class divide up and one side would have to support freedom of speech: they could discuss "generally" about how someone could be talking about gay rights and someone else jumps down their throat. See how the "Censored" side comes up with ideas for "ethics" and "what's right," etc... Then after THAT, the teacher could turn the tables and have them switch to the opposite debate. The side that defended "Free Speech" would have to try to defend "Censorship" and vice versa. It would open everyone's eyes up.

Just an idea.
Aniu
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a violation of freedom of speech if she couldn't state her beleifs. Christianity especially has a tendency to try to convert people, (Judism on the other hand isn't allowed to ) Though you don't have to agree with her, she still has the right to say whatever it is she thinks. The school can't sponsor any religious activity, though students have the right to form bible clubs and pray at the flag pole. (If they make a bible club, you're allowed to form a 'free thinkers/athiest' club.)

The best thing to do would be to exlain to her your own opinion.

If she can come up with logic to back up her beliefs beyond ancient scriptures, I think her argument would be worth listening to Smile

(The people I eat lunch with have a very diverse set of views, but we get along very well because they are able to clearly explain why it is that they believe what they do. Understanding contradicting views is very important for people who have an opinion on anything.)
Craze_aka_Everblight
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Zekk wrote:
DivineNightshade wrote:

but one thing in common

"Children of God"

Hun, don't make "children of god" refrences on FaC, you find your self drowned in people smarter then you destorying you belief.

I am an Anarchistist*, atheist, punk with his mind stuck in the late 60's to mid 80's, and I find it truly offensive to be called a "child of god". I don't agree with that crap**, and I would reguest you keep your f**king opinions and beliefs to your f**king self and not sprout s**t. Thankies

** Crap being used as a general term.

dont talk...you give anarchists a bad name

"In view a humble Vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vissisitudes of fate." - V for Vendetta
http://www.myspace.com/foreverblighted
crazy_jamaican_gurl
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go and ask the girl to back up what she is saying. A lot of people can talk but not many can actually go back and give facts about it. My grandmother is super religous and her and my dad and I get into lenghty discussions about it. Personally I don't think it matters what religion you believe in.
orangemusicnote101614
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion: don't ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER! post anything about religion on this site, or you will get crap like this:

Quote:

I am an Anarchistist*, atheist, punk with his mind stuck in the late 60's to mid 80's, and I find it truly offensive to be called a "child of god". I don't agree with that crap**, and I would reguest you keep your f**king opinions and beliefs to your f**king self and not sprout s**t. Thankies

** Crap being used as a general term

I've learned this the hard way.

About his girl. I agree with her beliefs, but she is definetly going overboard. If she's that passionate about the Christian faith and wants people to stop sinning, well, first she should learn to control her tongue. I mean come on, yelling "BEING QUEER IS WRONG" in someones face is not going to get your point across. She should be involved in church missionary trips or church voluntary services that preach her beliefs and teach people about God. My church does a lot of that stuff. School is not really the best place for it. (nor is fac, but the way) And if that rumor about a mini holocaust about to happen at your school is true, tell a teacher or principal for goodness sake!
All in all, it is not okay to force religion down the throat of man kind. Because he well gag on it and spit it in your face. Instead, spoon feed it down the throats of those who will open their mouths.

Weird analogy, but it works, no? Very Happy
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, trying to change what people originally believe in is just cold hearted and selfish. Leave them alone and waht they believe in.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
DemonaHHH
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sounds like she's got some problems upstairs. I had a friend once in high school who was on and off with us saying she'd rather have religious friends, but yet always talked to us. It was crazy. She grew up in a weird home though. Her mother was hardly there and I guess she might have been confused. I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: