Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
American Dragon: Jake Long Excerpt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilevergreen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: American Dragon: Jake Long Excerpt Reply with quote

[b]Title: [color=darkblue]Friends for Life- Friends for Real[/color][/b]

[b]Summary:[/b] They had what no force on Earth could divide, be it up or down, right or wrong, they counted on a childhood vow to see them through, but now time has taken its toll and nothing can ever be the same.

[b]Rated:[/b] R

[b] Pairing:[/b] Spud/Trixie - Trixie/Jake - Jake/Rose

[b]Link:[/b] http://www.fanart-central.net/story-36538.html

-------------------------------------------
[b]EXCERPT:[/b]
-------------------------------------------

Before long the three were sitting around the table, just about to start their meal, when Trixie entered into the kitchen. “Morning, Haley. Papa Dog,” she greeted the two before making her way over to the cupboard to fetch a glass. She then went over to the fridge where she poured herself a glass of milk.

Jake merely watched her before he spoke. “You should eat something,” he suggested.

Trixie lowered the glass from her lips. “I will, later,” they were the first words she had said to him that day.

“It'll be cold later,” he reasoned.

“I'll nuke it,” she countered.

“Trix,” he began, his forehead creased. “You know what the doctor said,” he warned her, causing Johnathan to slightly look up from his newspaper, his fork pausing just outside of his mouth.

“I know,” she placed her hand on her stomach. “I just don't feel well,” she informed him as morning sicken had taken her.

Jake pushed his chair out and stood up before making his way over to her. He took one of her arms in his hand. The other went up to her forehead as he felt her skin. She was a bit too warm for his liking. “Probably because that bastard had you out in the rain.”

“Jacob, language,” Johnathan, who only called him by his first name when he was serious, spoke.

Trixie closed her eyes. “Please, don't say things like that about my dad.”

“How can you still take his side, Trixie?” Jake asked her. “After what he did?” he whispered, the mark on her face darker than it had been the night before.

Trixie angrily whispered back. “I told you, that was my fault. Besides, it's not like he does it all the time.”

Jake scoffed. “Of course not, just whenever he's home.”

“I can take care of myself, Jake,” she told him.

“Then why the hell are you here?” Jake didn't even realize what he had said, until he saw that blank expression on her face. The face she had learned to adopt to cover up the hurt her father had caused her, but now it was he who was the reason for her hurt.

“You're right,” she agreed. She then placed her glass on the counter and then for the second time that day she removed Jake's hold on her. She then stepped around him and walked out the kitchen.

“You're a jerk.” Haley looked at her brother in disbelief.

“Yeah, I know,” he didn't even try to fight her on that before he made his way out the kitchen and up the stairs where Trixie was.

He found her in his room, holding herself as she looked at the busy people before his window. “Give me a few days,” she began with her back to him when she heard him come into the room. “Just long enough to find somewhere to go.”

Jake looked at her curiously. “What are you talking about?”

She held herself tighter. “Please, don't play dumb. You've made it very clear. . . you don't want me here.”

“That's not true,” he slowly made his way over to her. “I just want what is best for you. I always have,” he admitted. “I know things are very stressful now, but with everything going on, we can't avoid that.” Jake then leaned on the other side of the window. “I know you can take care of yourself and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It's just. . . I'm scared, alright?” Trixie finally looked at him. “There are just so many things that have gone wrong in my life,” he didn't need to elaborate for her to understand. “I just don't want you- us to be one of them,” he said honestly.

“Since the fifth grade, I have kept my mouth shut and I have kept your secret. . . even from, Spud,” he told her. “But to be frank, I'm glad he kicked you out.” Trixie looked at him in surprise. “I'm glad I no longer have to hear those lame excuses about your bruises, like the ones I used to hear whenever he came home. I'm glad I no longer have to watch as everyone else believed you, when I knew the truth.”

Tears brimmed in Trixie's eyes as she lowered her head so that Jake wouldn't see them. “So you weren't asking me to leave downstairs?” she asked.

“No, of course not,” Jake made clear. “I spoke without thinking.” He stepped closer to her and lifted her downward face. “We are friends for life and friends for real. The three of us made that promise to each other and come hell or high water it will remain,” he vowed.

Trixie nodded her head in understanding before she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug. “Thank you, Jake.” Jake said nothing as he merely returned her hug.

----------------------------
----------------------------

So what do you think? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: