Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Rage Against the Machine to Reunite!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Rage Against the Machine to Reunite! Reply with quote

When I heard the news, my girlfriend experienced a make-out session in the middle of traffic. If she wasn't on her period, it would've been much more.
Rage Against The Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.
It's not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings Of Leon.
Rage, which broke through in 1992 with the defiant single "Killing in the Name," won fans across the social spectrum with singer Zack de la Rocha's rap-based lyrics backed by the band's hard-rock melodies. They topped the U.S. pop album charts in 1996 with "Evil Empire" and in 1999 with "The Battle of Los Angeles."

Article credited to Ultimate Guitar.com.
WizardoftheWood
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's good news, I guess. I'm getting pretty sick of Audioslave right now. They were great when they first started out but now all of their songs are boring me. I just found out what De La Rocha has been doing all of this time, he's in a group called Youngblood Brass Band.
WizardoftheWood
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in.
Chris Cornell has left Audioslave. I would guess that this is the end of Audioslave, I doubt the remaining members will want to keep that name around.
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that and automatically, I assumed that this would mean RATM is in it for a long run.
If such is the case, I would sell my guitar in order to see them live.
Ogrim_Doomhammer
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really prefer Chris over Zack.... Zack's voice reminds me of Beastie Boys... Confused

www.pandora.com Find New Music You Like.... Free
Red_Quatre
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend will be very pleased. Rage is his favorite. Smile I'ma gonna send him the linkie.
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornell is losing his voice, and it's shown in live performances. The "Live In Cuba" DVD was subpar, to be nice. I prefer Zack to Chris. It's probably the punk influence in me.
Plus, Zack goes apeshit live.
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care. I much prefer audioslave to RATM.
WizardoftheWood
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world needs RATM. Morello and co. must be itching to make some kind of protest music. Cornell refused to do any kind of political music.
Ogrim_Doomhammer
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WizardoftheWood"]The world needs RATM. Morello and co. must be itching to make some kind of protest music. Cornell refused to do any kind of political music.[/quote]

that's the only good thing I like about RATM, but man..... Listening to Zack is just horrible torture.... if it wasn't for Morello I wouldn't have any RATM songs...

www.pandora.com Find New Music You Like.... Free
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Don't care. I much prefer audioslave to RATM.[/quote]
Sadly, Audioslave was nowhere near as powerful as Rage. Chris never fit in and his lyrics proved one thing: he missed Soundgarden terribly.
Personally, a Soundgarden reunion is in order.
In any case, Zack's vocal style was tolerable for me simply because he put plenty of heart into his lyrics. When he actually does sing, it's really weird and haunting.
I refer anyone who cares to listen to his singing to "Beautiful World", a Devo cover.
Morello is stunning and is my main inspiration to taking up the guitar. The man has some good folk songs as well.
The action taken by the band was also what made them a unique and driving political rock force. I don't know, but I just really want to see them live. A RATM/Tool concert is something I could go to and then die happily afterwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: