Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How fast did you master the Wii?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: How fast did you master the Wii? Reply with quote

The Wii- a game of total hype- the thing every kid that's not blind wants...how long did it take you to master it if you have one or have ever played it?? Everybody I've talked to say's it's very difficult and wouldn't even give me a chance to play it! For fear that they would have to teach me- whereas I can usually master any game console in a matter of minutes....but what's so different about the Wii? (and also- which is better? PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360?)
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Wii its really easy most games tell you how to play.

ps3 is all about graphics but i dont care for stuff like that cus who cares for "graphics" its the game your playing not the "graphics".

I got a 360 the graphics are like the ps3 but it has xbox live and more games(right now) i just play the games for fun. AND IT HAS HALO 3! Very Happy

And the Wii is really fun and there comeing out with a lot of good games this year.(and it has Zelda! Smile
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: yayz Reply with quote

Yeah- I heard the PS3 has good graphics- but it freezes up a lot and has a lot of bugs

I totally agree- graphics aren't what the game is all about- it's how good the game is! Like...Kingdom hearts, for instance, the graphics aren't superb- but the game is well put together!! Lol- I'm saving up for a Wii- I just wanna make sure I'm not buying something that may take me forever to figure out.

Thx
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: yayz Reply with quote

[quote="rlkitten"]Yeah- I heard the PS3 has good graphics- but it freezes up a lot and has a lot of bugs

I totally agree- graphics aren't what the game is all about- it's how good the game is! Like...Kingdom hearts, for instance, the graphics aren't superb- but the game is well put together!! Lol- I'm saving up for a Wii- I just wanna make sure I'm not buying something that may take me forever to figure out.

Thx[/quote]

Right!
Very Happy
Someone that plays games for fun! Very Happy

Welcome.^^
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 is bugged to shit and Xbox is nothing new. An extra few hairs in your hero's nose.

The Wiimote can be tricky at first but you soon get used to it. Pretty comfortable after long hours, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Quatre
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii makes me hurt when I play. I played Wii sports and my arms hurt like hell the next morning. It was worth it though. I pwned my boyfriend at boxing.
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Red_Quatre"]The Wii makes me hurt when I play. I played Wii sports and my arms hurt like hell the next morning. It was worth it though. I pwned my boyfriend at boxing.[/quote]
Lol.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Pretty comfortable after long hours, too.[/quote]
True true. Not having to cramp your hands around five inches of controller space = genius.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

Lol- my brothers were go''in nuts while they played Wii sports- they were just borrowing the system- and thier friend had told them not to let anybody else touch it- but they did and everybody played it. I was on the computer at the time (meaning I basically ignore most things or get REALLY pissed off at anybody who messes with me! bwaha) but they were so loud!!

'Gosh dang it!!'

'Geez!! This thing is crap!! I totally hit it!!!'

'Haha-..loser'

I threw in some comments, but never asked to play it until things calmed down (ppl got tired and went on *ppl= other 8 bros and sis*) By then, my brother said he didn't want to take the time to teach me- even though I insisted thatg I was perfectly capable of learning it myself but...yeah.....to the person who beat thier boyfriend- RIGHT ON! XD
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

[quote="rlkitten"]Lol- my brothers were go''in nuts while they played Wii sports- they were just borrowing the system- and thier friend had told them not to let anybody else touch it- but they did and everybody played it. I was on the computer at the time (meaning I basically ignore most things or get REALLY pissed off at anybody who messes with me! bwaha) but they were so loud!!

'Gosh dang it!!'

'Geez!! This thing is crap!! I totally hit it!!!'

'Haha-..loser'

I threw in some comments, but never asked to play it until things calmed down (ppl got tired and went on *ppl= other 8 bros and sis*) By then, my brother said he didn't want to take the time to teach me- even though I insisted thatg I was perfectly capable of learning it myself but...yeah.....to the person who beat thier boyfriend- RIGHT ON! XD[/quote]

Lol they dont know how to play.
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: ha Reply with quote

haha- that's what I was thinking
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My aaarrrms!! TT_TT

It's a painful system, especially if you overexaggerate all the movement like me. Forget the sports, my arm started hurting after about an hour of Zelda XD I kept swinging in these huge arcs and almost spinning around like a top ^^;

But it's fun, I'll say that. It's a bit odd and embarrasing when you're playing and other people are over and staring at you, but that's alright with me. (not with my brother though, who only plays it when nobody else is around XD)
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Jealous! /\_/\ Reply with quote

Lol- you're making me jealous! The Wii sound like even more fun now!! Even with the arm aches and pains! I can't wait to get it!! I'm even more motivated now!! Very Happy
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote]Pretty comfortable after long hours, too.[/quote]
True true. Not having to cramp your hands around five inches of controller space = genius.[/quote]
No, you just have weak hands. Never felt cramped after hours of playing the Wii and I bet most would agree that they've had the same experience. Considerably more comfortable than any other controller on PS3 and 360.

Edit: Also, where the hell have you been? You rarely have both hands around the Wii Remote and when you do they're on opposite ends and practically never make contact.

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hands don't suffer cramps, but the Remote/Nunchuck combination is nonetheless far more comfortable.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means you have to wrap your hands around five inches of controller room. Cramp has more than one meaning, in this case I'm pretty sure Strata is using the definition that basically mean crammed
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]He means you have to wrap your hands around five inches of controller room. Cramp has more than one meaning, in this case I'm pretty sure Strata is using the definition that basically mean crammed[/quote]
I knew what definition he was using but thanks for wasting your time. Rolling Eyes

I'm saying a) he must have overly sized hands because PS3 and 360 controllers are much more uncomfortable and b) you rarely have both hands on the Wiimote at one time and even than, I don't know how you found yourself in a situation where you did it for more than an hour straight.

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I don't know how you found yourself in a situation where you did it for more than an hour straight.[/quote]
I don't know how you even arrived at that conclusion to begin with.

Like I said, I don't find the PS3/etc. controllers to be [i]un[/i]comfortable in any way, but the fact that the Remote/Nunchuk controllers are designed for one hand apiece means that you can rest your arms any way and any where you want to. It allows you to RELAX while still playing a game.

Last edited by Stratadrake on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been really stupid lately, Strata. You argued that it wasn't comfortable after long hours of play.

Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not Razz

I never argued for the PS3/etc. controllers being [i]un[/i]comfortable. Maybe I didn't spend enough time to elaborate (aka you just read it that way) enough, but I just agreed that the one-handed design is more comfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: