Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What Is Gouache? Brian-sama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Tips & Tutorial Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nozomiwhitewolf
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, gouache! That stuff...I saw a box of the Reeves kind and was thinking of trying them out. Might be nice for the times when I want to paint acrylic but I don't want the stuff to dry so quickly (although my art teacher says to fill a mist bottle with water and spray your painting every minute or so.)
I bought a few tubes of gouache on sale from the UMass bookstore, I'll experiment with those later, but in the meantime, white gouache makes for a great way to add light to watercolor paintings since it's opaque. I am going to guess and say that the 'white' watercolor tube in my set is considered gouache since it is water based and opaque.
Watercolors can be so cheap and so expensive. What is the difference between say, Reeves brand watercolors and Windsor and Newton? (Also, I found the Vangough brand watercolors for a price sort of inbetween Reeves and Windsor.) Must be the quality of the pigments, no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Tips & Tutorial Sharing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: