Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
This is $&#* scary...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ragingflea002
Oldbie


Joined: 09 Apr 2004
Posts: 2229
Location: Charleston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...the Christianity teaching good thing is purely left to interpretation.
Some radicals force their kids to fast for days. It's not good for the kid. It's all left to interpretation.
Personally, I've recently lost trust in Christ and all I have is a belief in a higher intelligence. A lot of Christians are way too full of their "righteousness", but not all of them.
He's saying that as long as Christians are tolerant and are understanding, he doesn't have a problem. It's those who say that "you're not Christian, you're going to Hell" that piss him off, as do they piss me off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brianhjh
 


Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 8014
Location: Queen's University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All abstract ideas such as religion or government is defined by the people who follow it, or part of it. When you say Chrisitianity is good but most of people make it evil, you're personifying an abstract idea. Brining your own belief to a discussion. You don't KNOW it, you just believe real hard that Chrisitianity is complete separate from humans, it's untouchable... and it'll always be defined as good, basket of kittens and puppies.
_________________
"Sarah's future makes me sad." - Benk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YashaKodachi
Newb


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 4
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...OH my......That was, by FAR, the most wrong thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Every 2 days, something like that comes up in the USA?? I hope that isn't right! The USA is so powerful, it would be a disaster...how long until those people start promoting genocide of the non-Christians, or are they doing it already?? Telling children to die for Jesus? How sick can you be! What's worse is that they don't understand, and they never will. People shouldn't put anyone's life, except for their children, above their own, and that goes double for someone who's dead no matter how spectacular he was(did they even mention God in the trailer? I know Jesus was the messiah or whatever, but isn't God more powerful?)

It's times like this that makes me so glad that I've never had any strong influences on my values. This especially sickens me because it's in the USA! Not everyone believes in the bible, but even unpatriotic kids like me believe in the Constitution...please let them not take control...them and their mullets...

Relgion can be a great thing. But sadly, today its used as often as not as a reason to hate and gloat for no reason. I don't understand. All humans are evil in some way, it's just that it's more prominent in some than in others. Live with it. Hate be the flame that engulfs our dear planet in a stifling smog of incredible displays of ignorance, leaving the idiot masses blinded and therefore stumbling farther into the darkness....

Oh well. I don't believe in anything religious, but then again, I also think homophobia= racism and hanging and paddling should be brought back. Maybe they're right and I'm wrong. Maybe I'll get put next to some rock star or someone from that new fake celebrity religion on the racks in Hell. Or maybe a Japanese. They're cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kamakazi
Rookie


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me sooo sad. Im a christian and go to an evangelical free church. When you watch this try and remeber that this is soooo not what christianity is. We're supposed to evangelise, but not like that. We can share our faith but never try and brainwash people like this! This is horrible! But you get radicals in every religion, like Islam and the terrorists. You can't belive all muslims are like that just because some radicals do something crazy. So you cant believe all christians are like this just because of that video.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zekk
Forum Stalker


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 1250
Location: At the gym, squatting in the curl rack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kamakazi"]This makes me sooo sad. Im a christian and go to an evangelical free church. When you watch this try and remeber that this is soooo not what christianity is. We're supposed to evangelise, but not like that. We can share our faith but never try and brainwash people like this! This is horrible! But you get radicals in every religion, like Islam and the terrorists. You can't belive all muslims are like that just because some radicals do something crazy. So you cant believe all christians are like this just because of that video.[/quote]

Trying not to get banned for being a radical again?

You do realise that the definition of an "Evangelicele" is someone who tried to force there religion on everyone. There are evangelical atheist, bddhist, muslims, and yes christians.

And "terriost and islam". I do hope your not trying to connect the two. America is its self, a terriost orginazation. We use war and violence to force our views and opinions on others. Look at the wars werer fighting now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 3306
Location: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just got back from the theater 15 minutes ago and
oh
my
god
(no pun intended)

Scary, yes, but it was pretty hilarious as well. The majority of the people in the theater were athiests/agnostic (as I could tell by the chatter) and people were laughing here and there. Anyone else seen it?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zekk
Forum Stalker


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 1250
Location: At the gym, squatting in the curl rack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its playing in your city? You lucky bitch! I don't think it will, seeing as my city is basiclly owned by one Mr. Jerry Falwell....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 3306
Location: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how movies will be shown on tv after they've been out of the theater for a while? Well maybe A&E will show it since they sponsored the project. It actually was directed very well, as crazy as the interviewies may have been. There's this one point where the preacher lady is being interviewed in her car and she's mentioning how sick the world is. But then she says something like, "But don't get me wrong. I love America. I love living in the twenty-first century." and the next second the camera cuts to outside her car window where all you see is tons of signs like Mc Donalds and Texaco. And early in the film, where a mom is home-schooling her kid about how creationism is fact and evolution is false, you can see a church right out their window. There's even this little girl who loves to walk up to strangers and tell them how she can feel it in her heart that Jesus is thinking about them right now. Then the people are all confused when she leaves. I do hope you have a chance to see the film.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

balrog wrote:
, if retards want to ruin this with the stupid s**tty Catholic rules and the Vatican and all that s**t then well...not the religion's fault.


There you go, blaming other religions. Cause we all know, 'its not the christians fault, not ever.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gonzo
Rookie


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa...thats warped...

I'm gonna move to Russia because of crap like that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kegget
Member


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... That makes Christians look bad!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Zekk
Forum Stalker


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 1250
Location: At the gym, squatting in the curl rack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kegget wrote:
OMG... That makes Christians look bad!


Naw, they can do that themselves. This just brings it into the public eye a little more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 580
Location: Somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at us, we're warriors of God! Yeah, if I had to be with a kind of person like this, I'd stand in front of them, light the rewritten bible on fire, drop it on the ground, stomp on the non-burning end and then spit on it since that's what they've done to religion already as far as it seems, and I'm a Christian with an open mind.
_________________
I'm a zombie. Yarg.

Member No. 5,524
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 3306
Location: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonzo wrote:
Whoa...thats warped...

I'm gonna move to Russia because of crap like that...


Ever heard of the Russification and the Pogroms? Imagine Russian crazy Christians... who actually are violent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewroo
Has No Life


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 628
Location: Tilton, NH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Violent russian cristans lulz


OH DEAR LORD ON A HOCKY STICK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 3306
Location: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pogroms was another religion-influenced holocaust, and Russification led Ashkenasic Jews to cut off their children's limbs. Tis true.

Agnostics don't have holy wars. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 580
Location: Somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They talk about going to war with other religions. Who was the one who started a world war with religious prejudice? ;9 If Jesus died for our sins and so we can live in peace, why are these people going to war and throwing their lives away? I thought throwing your life away is like betraying God. =O

I'd like to call these people Neo-KKK-Nazis. (Only without the racial discrimination of the KKK, but the single-religion-nothing-else mindset.)

If this is what I have to deal with for being a Christian, I might as well convert or start something. I'm tired of being given a bad name for idiots like these.
_________________
I'm a zombie. Yarg.

Member No. 5,524
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewroo
Has No Life


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 628
Location: Tilton, NH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And early in the film, where a mom is home-schooling her kid about how creationism is fact and evolution is false, you can see a church right out their window. There's even this little girl who loves to walk up to strangers and tell them how she can feel it in her heart that Jesus is thinking about them right now. Then the people are all confused when she leaves. I do hope you have a chance to see the film.


This is basically what America thinks of home schoolers though, Witch is a huge bummer for me cos' I'm stereotyped all the time. I've met people online who where afraid of me because I was home schooled. But to be fair, Most of the other home schoolers i've met are just like that. Meh, It's kinda unfair for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kegget
Member


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zekk wrote:
Kegget wrote:
OMG... That makes Christians look bad!


Naw, they can do that themselves. This just brings it into the public eye a little more.


Yuhh... I'm a christian and I do nothing like THAT. Don't even go to church.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 580
Location: Somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you spell lollerskate?
_________________
I'm a zombie. Yarg.

Member No. 5,524
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum