Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Poetry Section Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Poetry Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Poetry Section Rules Reply with quote

This, the Poetry section of the forums, is a place to share and discuss poetry, either the genre of poetry itself, or to compose a poem for others to read. (In the latter purpose, it is similar to Self-Promotion or Show & Tell, but not exact.)

However, please observe and respect the following:

[list=1][*][b]Serious poetry only[/b]. You may create a new topic for a specific poem, but please make sure that it is a poem that you spent a bit of time and thought in development of. In other words, if you want to create a topic to showcase a single poem by you, make the poem worth it. Of course, this also means NO SPAM and NO FLOODING.

[*][b]No song lyrics, please[/b]. A lot of songs may rhyme, but they are designed with respect to music, and do not necessarily share the characteristics of meter and verse that poetry is known for.

[*]You [b]may[/b] create a topic for yourself if you have several short (like haiku- or limerick- sized 'short') poems you wish to share. Please do [b]not[/b] post several short poems as separate threads apiece.

[*]And, of course, all standard forum rules (written or otherwise) still apply.[/list:o]

There are all the rules.
If there is anything more,
please reply so here.

(^ impromptu haiku. Wink)
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting up those rules. I almost died when I looked at the Poetry spamming.

Just a question...I wrote some non-serious poems and posted them here, all having to do with cheese. Do they still count as 'serious', since I took a while creating them, making them rhyme and making them humorous, or would they be non-serious ones? Wink
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Serious" as in a serious [i]purpose[/i] for posting, not necessarily a serious [i]poem[/i].

Humorous or comedy poems can be fine too.
Lakilester13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stratty :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Poetry Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: