Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whats the difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Whats the difference Reply with quote

What's the difference between Photoshop & Photoshop Elements? I have Elements and it's a great program. So I don't understand why Photoshop costs 3 times as much. I heard it includes more filters and stuff. But nothing too significantly more or better. Well nothing worth hundreds of dollars more.
London

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get a ton of new filters.. and this thing ---v.

[URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4268/somethingdifferenttm1.png][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4268/somethingdifferenttm1.th.png[/img][/URL]

What I've drawn there was done in one brushstroke. No colour changes, no brush shape/size/opacity changes.

Most noticeable change for me. Instead of just being able to change opacity/colour/and shape of your brushes, you can do things like add texture to them, space the..spots.. in more directions, add some impurity/variation to the colour, have the tilt of your pen affect your brush, etc.

And some other things.. Haha. There were a bunch of features I didn't know how to use until recently, so I don't know if they were in elements, and I no longer have elements installed on this computer, so I can't check.

I'm not sure what the new photoshop elements has. I was using 1.0 (which is more or less the same as regular photoshop 6) before I switched to CS2.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Photoshop Elements 5.0, and I think it pretty much does the same stuff as the other kinds.
Fayore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the difference Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]I heard it includes more filters and stuff. But nothing too significantly more or better. Well nothing worth hundreds of dollars more.[/quote]

That's what I've heard, too. I don't use Photoshop, though. I prefer other programs, like openCanvas.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think openCanvas is simpler to use, but it doesn't have extra features like Photoshop has. openCanvas is pretty cool, and I've done some pretty awesome drawings with it, before I got Photoshop Elements 5.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: