Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
300 Question..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WrockLee
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: 300 Question.. Reply with quote

Hey just a question about 300. Well, I'm Iranian (well, half), and my dad is angry at how the movie 300 was made to "portray" Iranians as barabaric and such, which is what I hear. I'm not offended at all by this, I mean it's based off of an actual historical event. The movie wasn't actually made to portray Persians. Anyone agree? I'm certainly not offended, though most Iranians are. Discuss.
highteckdudu
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

こんいちははじめましてどうぞよろしく! HA HA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
London

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sarcastic: good for you. I heard that, too, shortly after the movie's debut, and that is complete crap. People need to stop being so easily offended. They should also be able to tell the difference between malicious political commentary and pure, mindless entertainment.

Quote:

請你不說話. 你一說話你就看起來越來越笨. HA HA
WrockLee
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Not sarcastic: good for you. I heard that, too, shortly after the movie's debut, and that is complete crap. People need to stop being so easily offended. They should also be able to tell the difference between malicious political commentary and pure, mindless entertainment.

Quote:

請你不說話. 你一說話你就看起來越來越笨. HA HA

May I ask, what does that mean?
>.>
Fayore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck Chinese makes my face hurt. D: I can only read like, 1/4 of those characters.

Quote:

Hey, stop spamming the thread with your shitty Japanese. It's not even spelled properly. u_u;

On topic: I agree with London. Besides, wasn't the movie in a historical setting (note that I have not seen the movie, but only saw trailers and what not)? It certainly shouldn't have any real weight on today's people. :\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WrockLee
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fayore wrote:
Holy f**k Chinese makes my face hurt. D: I can only read like, 1/4 of those characters.

Quote:

Hey, stop spamming the thread with your s**tty Japanese. It's not even spelled properly. u_u;

On topic: I agree with London. Besides, wasn't the movie in a historical setting (note that I have not seen the movie, but only saw trailers and what not)? It certainly shouldn't have any real weight on today's people. :\

Yeah, not at all.

Btw the boards seem almost dead now T.T
Fayore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because most of the people who post on the forum now are kids who aren't interested in politics or philosophy. We used to be much more active here, with older kids/adults posting, but I suppose those sorts have to get a life before younger kids do. D:
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benk
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I don't think anyone gives a shit about how the Iranians were portrayed. The people who saw the movie just went to see a bunch of fighting, they really didn't look at it politically. Anyways, I doubt that modern America knows that Persians are Iranians Rolling Eyes
London

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it from this old Scooby-Doo episode, lol.

I have no idea what highteckdudu said, but it's assuredly not on topic and not worth translating. It's also retarded and annoying to post in a language that the other person can't read and that you can't write.

I said, "Shut up. Every time you post, you look stupider."
WrockLee
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
I knew it from this old Scooby-Doo episode, lol.

I have no idea what highteckdudu said, but it's assuredly not on topic and not worth translating. It's also retarded and annoying to post in a language that the other person can't read and that you can't write.

I said, "Shut up. Every time you post, you look stupider."

Yeah, I agree.

Last edited by WrockLee on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
WrockLee
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benk wrote:
Quite honestly, I don't think anyone gives a s**t about how the Iranians were portrayed. The people who saw the movie just went to see a bunch of fighting, they really didn't look at it politically. Anyways, I doubt that modern America knows that Persians are Iranians Rolling Eyes

My point exactly, like how others are so offended so easily. I was just stating how I don't look at the film that way, like others do >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: