Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Punk is dying!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Punk is ?_____
DeAd
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
DyInG
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
STILL HERE , STILL HERE !!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

XxT0R0saurusRAYxX
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Punk is dying!? Reply with quote

Confused these days its almost all alternitive and pop...
do you think punk is dying? or is it dead...i dont think so, there's still some bands right!?

RIGHT!?
captain anarchy?

me: rock punk emo
XxT0R0saurusRAYxX
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]somethings wrong...that poll was suppose to have 1 more option
Grrr..
OK last option: STILL HERE , STILL HERE !![/b]
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Whats punk to you? If you concider bands like MCR and green day to be punk, or anything like that (simple plan, sum 41, blink 182 (I still love them though), or anything like that) just get the fuck off the internet and shut up till you learn a little more about real punk.

2: Punk is not just music. It is primarily the community. The community is smaller then it was in some areas larger in others. Its not dead.

Crass might have claimed punk was dead back in '78, but its alive and clawing.

And the edit button is there for a damn reason.
NorseGodOdin
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punk singers = a bunch of jealous little bastards, thinking they can do great music such as rock. Once all punk fans realise that, punk will die. For now its just dying, cause people are starting to catch on.

To be a punk guitarist you need to learn a few power-chords and how to jump up 'n down...

Get over it...
[i]"So then I was having my ass handed to me by like g0at and like wayman... And I'm like 'whatever' and they're like... 'Get out'a here man, this room is like locked, it's reserved for the rational response squad. And then guess who shows up.. VenomFangX, like no way..."[/i] - Uzi
DiamondofLongCleeves
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]punk singers = a bunch of jealous little bastards, thinking they can do great music such as rock [/quote]

Hehe. I'm sorry, but that just made me think of Tenacious D: "Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal. But they failed, as they were smite to the ground" Razz
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NorseGodOdin"]punk singers = a bunch of jealous little bastards, thinking they can do great music such as rock. Once all punk fans realise that, punk will die. For now its just dying, cause people are starting to catch on.

To be a punk guitarist you need to learn a few power-chords and how to jump up 'n down...

Get over it...[/quote]

You know absolutly NOTHING about punk.

Get over it...

How are punk singers "jealous bastards"? Because they make music they enjoy, and take part in a communitys efforts, whatever that might be (be it nazi-skinhead racism, or queercores efforts for gay rights, or Anarcho-punks support of ACTUAL anarchism)?

Punk is not a "few power-chords". Learn a little actual punk guitar and you'll find out its true bar chords.

I have a suspision you've never heard a true punk band. ITs Not shit like greenday and sum 41.

Heres a good list of actual punk bands. Have fun. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358118
manga_man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NorseGodOdin"]

[/quote]

thats true, but thats also one of the reason punk is dying. hearing the same power chord over and over and over and over again gets really friggen old after a while. the only band that i can give true punk credit to anymore is the sex pistols, because their music and lyrics kick some serious ass. green day is a friggen joke. if anyone wants to learn a green day song, just play A D G over and over again to figure it out.
manga_man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, punk kicks ass. its true that the numbers are dying, but some day, just like the metal, punk will rise and defeat it with its mighty whining guitars and slowly weeping wah pedals!!!!!!!!!!
XxT0R0saurusRAYxX
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="manga_man"]oh yeah, punk kicks ass. its true that the numbers are dying, but some day, just like the metal, punk will rise and defeat it with its mighty whining guitars and slowly weeping wah pedals!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

WOO!! exactly.
[b]oh, and CALM DOWN zekk![/b]
i dont need a lecture about it, and i know that mcr, sum 41... ECT...is not punk..duh XP
also the edit button doesnt work..
AND that punk isnt just music!
_________
i like anti flag...
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="manga_man"][quote="NorseGodOdin"]

[/quote]

thats true, but thats also one of the reason punk is dying. hearing the same power chord over and over and over and over again gets really friggen old after a while. the only band that i can give true punk credit to anymore is the sex pistols, because their music and lyrics kick some serious ass. green day is a friggen joke. if anyone wants to learn a green day song, just play A D G over and over again to figure it out.[/quote]

Thats not true. *sigh* I think punk might be dead to the real world, but not to the community.
XxT0R0saurusRAYxX
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that.
manga_man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zekk"][quote="manga_man"][quote="NorseGodOdin"]

[/quote]

thats true, but thats also one of the reason punk is dying. hearing the same power chord over and over and over and over again gets really friggen old after a while. the only band that i can give true punk credit to anymore is the sex pistols, because their music and lyrics kick some serious ass. green day is a friggen joke. if anyone wants to learn a green day song, just play A D G over and over again to figure it out.[/quote]

Thats not true. *sigh* I think punk might be dead to the real world, but not to the community.[/quote]

yeah, thats what im saying. hardly anyone anymore knows what true punk is and the ones who have stuck by it all along are true followers. our community of anarchy is still running, just not as strong as it has in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: