Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Read 'em and Weep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Reference & Policies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Read 'em and Weep Reply with quote

This section, the "Policies and Guidelines" area is a reference desk containing the rules and guidelines which govern what you are, and are not, allowed to do on FAC.

For now this section is under construction, but it will contain topics that identify and explain what our rules and policies are -- some of them were already posted in the FAQ or Announcements section, but I'll try to summarize as many as I can here so we can have a comprehensive, easy-to-access list of rules and guidelines.

As a general disclaimer, the [i]topics posted here are not the official policy policy pages themselves, but guides to understanding them.[/i] In other words, they're intended more to help communicate the "spirit of the law" than the "word of the law".

I'll also explain two key terms to be aware of in here:

[list][*]A "[b]policy[/b]" is a firm, set-in-stone rule with few (or no) exceptions. Violations of policy will result in some kind of consequence or punishment, for example deletion or removal of the violating content. Policy violations may also be logged on the user's account, and repeated violations may result in harsher consequences up to a suspension or ban.

[*]A "[b]guideline[/b]" is a soft rule with some room for individual user discretion and common sense. Breaking a guideline isn't as serious as violating policy, but depending on the guideline in question it could still result in moderator action.[/list:u]

Some topics may combine both policy [i]and[/i] guideline aspects; for example, our ratings policy firmly dictates that 'mature' (potentially offensive) content in FAC submission must be appropriately labelled, but some of the specifics are left up to the user's discretion.

I will also be adding keywords to the "autocensor" list so that, if you need to point out one of these topics to someone else, you can do so within the forums by typing a short phrase.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Reference & Policies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: