Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Technical Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techincal time.

hello fellow people of earth. I want to use some technical discussion in this technical board.

so let us discuss techniques.

What techniques do you use?
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use unused rawl techniques. I don't know, I guess heavy shading. I'm only posting because no one else has. I'm sympathetic like that.
Krimzon_Yakkow026
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, but I don't know where to put it and it has somewhat something to do with techniques so here goes. I'm trying to decide which is better for digital coloring: Photoshop 7.0 or Paint Shop Pro 8. Since Photoshop is so much more expensive averaging around $500 give or take, I would assume its of better quality. But Paint Shop also seems to be pretty good. Can anyone help me out?
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money means nothing. Full Photoshop has various features that you really don't need unless you're a serious graphic designer, and even then I know pros who use Elements for their work. If you like the work you see done in photoshop, Elements probably has all you would need. The only feature I like about the full version is you can undo several times in a row.

I've never used PSP, but I'd suggest looking at art done by both and deciding what kind of results you want.
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, techniques? I just..draw..sometimes.. yeah. Vintage, foo! None o dat techno space age stuff fo shizzle.. Kidding, if I had it I'd use it. But I don't. If you would like to contribute to the Help Chris Get Better Technology fund please drop all donations into the monkey's hat.

As for drawing techniques, I don't really have one. Look at something, draw a line, tada! Art. I probably offended a lot of people by saying that, so allow me to shut my trap and bee-line it over this way...
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha umm i don't think i have a particular "technique" either. usually i just draw what i see, or try to draw what i see in my head (it never comes out the way i want to, tho). i tend to draw things very sketchy, but lately i've been trying to use more blending in shading things and such.

umm i recently got photoshop, but am at a loss at how to use it. i know the basics, but that's about it. anyone know any good online tutorials for it or something?
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher, you had that photoshop version...before your computer got sick...you could get it again. Oops, there went your excuse. Sorry. Rolling eyes And don't tell me you don't know where because I showed you three times.
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I tried downloading it again. Didn't take, though.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmhm. You're good, I'll give you that. But I've avoided enough crap to know when you're doing it. Cool
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I did try downloading again, though. *Cough*After I read this thread*Cough* It's not installing for some reason. I'll try clicking a different link a little later. In the meantime, I'll just Oekaki some more...
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*yawn* Didn't you have that problem before, though? Did you try downloading a different version or something? I think there are others that are demo-ish and not 30 day trials.
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technique? Of that I'm not sure, since I am DENSE. But I'll to explain however I can.

Ahem, well...nowadays, I seem to draw almost like I'm painting, in continuous strokes, for the most part fluid. Before, I tried to keep everything as straight edge or whatever as I could. Yeah, I dunno what I'm saying but that's how my technique seems to me. I do standard shading. Don't have any of those programs to color in pics, although I want one, then again, I heard it's a lot of work, and I'm clumsy so I think I'd mess up every one I tried to color so...yeah, I guess that's it. ^_^ *wanders off*
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technique? o.o Not sure if I understand exactly...
I color with copics n.n I refuse to color on the computer (except with backgrounds [i]maybe[/i]) but that's my own standards.

Copic markers are great, they look great like and you can do wonderful stuff if you know how to use them (I anxiously wait for the day I can use them right @_@ )
But I also use white ink for different effects (such as light bursts) and I'm trying to work with tones (the adhesive stickers they use to shade in manga) but those are pricey and HARD @.@;;;;;

I don't draw in the summer since it always looks bad o.o, maybe it's the heat...I can never draw if its too hot..... Aside from that, I usually do some really rough sketches with mapped out bodies and faces and diff expressions before I go to my more expensive (because it's thicker for copic pens) paper.

uh.......Anything I miss? n.n;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoshuaEaker
My First Post!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend getting the Photoshop but you don't need to pay that much... Just buy an older version of it that is legal (like from e-bay), and get the upgrade from Adobe at a quarter of the cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: