Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Having problems with poses?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Tips & Tutorial Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelusMortis
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realized the reason we might suck at poses is because we have difficulty imagining characters from different angles. I have the tendency to imagine characters from only a limited number of angles and poses, so they all seem the same, but I have difficulty visualizing others, so that's why I'm not so great with those ones.

Perhaps the only cure for that is to see more artwork from other people that display characters in poses different from the ones we're used to.
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're old enough: Do what I did--- take an anatomy and physiology class, LOL. I needed it to transfer, but in the end, I did end up learning about the positions of muscles, how they work and their limitations. Additionall: COMIC BOOKS. Your best resource outside of magazines for poses. Spiderman is especially good for this, since the comic generally has so many poses because he's an acrobatic character. I COULD draw my chars in more poses, but god, I'm so lazy. When I sit down for a good drawing session, which seem so few and far between now adays, I can pop out something fun.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...as well it should be. If you're not sure it's dead, put a bunch more holes in it, should fix the problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Tips & Tutorial Sharing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: