Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Trouble with downloading trailers and videos to create a amv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeldafan92
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Trouble with downloading trailers and videos to create a amv Reply with quote

Okay, so i'm trying to make one of those cool 'amv's that some make out of trailers or videos, for example, in my case i'm trying to make a zelda amv and i need footage, i see a likely source of people using the many TP trailer to do so (making music videos, tributes, all that fun stuff)...

So i go searching for trailers thinking it would be an easy 'click of button' download, and usually it is if i have the right flash drive, then i have it saved on my computer and try to import the video/trailer onto windows movies maker (i have a 2007/dell/windows vista/intel centrino dou/laptop, btw) and when i got to import the file, or drag and drop, ect. I keep getting a message that pops up say 'do not have the right codec'.

Well i'm not sure what that exactly means, but i don't have it. So before i got searching and trying to find a needle in a hay stack... could someone explain what i need to do, cuz i'm missing a step, i'm seeing thousands of other people do it and i'm a bit frustrated.

Is there anything i need to do, fix, download, or find

OR

Is there an easier way of doing this were i don't have to deal with all this exessive downloading and just get my videos up so i can play with 'em on movie maker like everyone else?

Thank to whoever answers this...
zeldafan92
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw it's usually quicktime. And i'm moving this to the help center. I missed it for some reason O.o Ops... anyway it's here too right?
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't make an amv
bluefairy421

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much I can help, but I will try. I have had a good amount of experience with WMM and I have found out a few things. First of all, what version of WMM are you using? The older or newer? The newer one may be fancy, but it has a TON of glitches which in my case are so bad it wouldn't even import videos without freezing. If you can, try to revert back to the old version because it is a lot more reliable.

Also, are the videos types supported by WMM?

Check out this site, it helped me a lot when I was working with WMM.

http://www.papajohn.org/

I hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: