Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
tl;dr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: tl;dr Reply with quote

Some hindu calls me up about an hour ago, saying i won a digital camera and a two night vacation all for free, I just need to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling.

So I decide to fuck with him. I pretended to not understand every other word he said, and this of course pissed him off. After ten minutes of asking me "What is your credit card number" I finally decide to give him a fake number. Yeah, I intentionally made him think he couldn't understand my 5's from my 9's. That was a fun bit.

Eventually he gave the phone to his supervisor who came at me with this "I'm in charge and I do know what I am doing" attitude and told me his naive employee who couldn't get my card number had only been working there for five days. That's funny because I had more fun with this supervisor than that nub telemarketer. After making him explain the whole deal to me again, I give him the same credit card number, but this time I mixed up a bunch of the numbers, he was getting furious.

Ok so after what he said was "thirty minutes of waisting his time" I couldn't help but laugh at these bumbling idiots that actually took two different, but the same, fake credit card numbers that mysteriously didn't have a cvc number (lmfao). The supervisor mumbles some profanity then hands the phone to the nub again.

Lol, I work this guy AGAIN, giving him the same information that leads to same dead end as it did 5 minutes ago. But, I change it up a bit, a decide to give him another credit card. After fucking with this guy with another fake card number, his supervisor takes the phone again and pretends everything is just fine and dandy. I mention he handed the phone over a minute ago while I was talking to him and so he apologized for it and quickly changed the subject to my credit card number.

He asked for the new credit card number, I give him the old one. At this point he is yelling at me that I need to speak to my mother (?). That just made me laugh at him, then he suddenly cusses me out. I laugh harder. THEN he confessed to fucking my mother, I'm hysterical. This guy got so pissed and then asked me if I'm fucking with him, I said "Yeah dumbass I gave you the same fake number five times after telling you it was a different credit card, wtf do you think lol?"

He spends a minute telling me about my mom this and my mom that while I laugh at him. He can't take that any longer so he hands the phone to some other idiot that asks "Hello? can I speak to Mr. Garcia?" I say "This is him, do you want my credit card number? lol" Then HE starts cussing me out and telling me about my mother.

I heard a song come on the radio so I turned it up and put the receiver up to the speaker. I'm sure he enjoyed listening to a chick say how she liked kissing a girl. I let them jam to the song for about 2 minutes, thinking they probably hung up on me already, but no. When I heard the guy yell "HELLO" over the music... my day was made.

They must have handed the phone to a new person, because this idiot tried getting my card info again... yeah, this person didn't wanna put up with my shit. She hung up on me pretty quickly.

tl,dr: spent an hour pissing off three telemarketers with multiple fake credit card numbers.
Dark_Angel_Of_Light
Rejecting Your Masterpieces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win.

Amazing, simply amazing...
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that's great.
You should have recorded the conversation tho...
Jedi
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you for doing that. Damn sales people. It did make me smile, though. You sure got some nerve, too. Nice one!!
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sup james
aquaeevee
Forum contributor

Location: just southwest of sod off, a little past sign say noobly people parking, 5 tics from the asylum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god damn that was funny as hell. nice work man
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tyler

I actually did think about recording it, but I don't have anything to do that with. And I think it being spur of the moment and pretty damn random was why I had so much fun with them.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes my day.

I love you.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Next time it's speaker phone and MS voice recorder all the way.
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. I can't believe they stayed on with you that long. It's probably because few people don't hang up on them. What company was it? It's fun asking those guys how they got your info and counting how many times they evade the question.
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Company? If they're asking for a credit card number, they're based in another country and are scamming people out of money~

Identity theft FTW. This happened to my friend when she was in Hawaii as well, and she kept messing with the people who told her she won a trip to Hawaii and they needed her credit card info xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: