Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
NAruto English dub disscusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NekoNinja
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Naruto when it first came out, but I didn't like it...then it got better ( more people were complaining? Wink ) and I liked it again. But it's too popular for me now. Everyone is like "OMG I LURVE SASUKE AND GAARA AND NEJI OMG LOL!!1!" and that's really annoying >_> But I think Shippuden ( or whatever it's called...I forget! ) is pretty good.
anime-junkie
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buh? This is about the voice acting, not the first time you watched it haha.

In my opinion, the dub is rather rubbish. Though its the only way I can watch it anymore, (I CAN watch it on the internet, but I've already spent about 3 months, wasting my time, [nearly dial-up speed internet :/] watching it) I'd rather stay away from it.
The voice actors I truley hate are Gaara (sounds like an old man), Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Orochimaru. Orochimaru sounds..... Even scarier in the Enlgish version >: Like he's trying to sell children 'legitimate' candy.

Most of the minor charaters have alright voices. I could at least stand Anko's voice during chuunin exams. But right now, I don't want my ears bleeding anymore, so there's no way I'm listening to Itachi's or Kisame's voices.

I guess when you've watched the subbed version enough, you start to fall in love with the way they talk, and the emotion in their voices, ect. So when its dubbed it becomes so unfimiliar you start hating them. Though, sometimes dubbing works for them <:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbjXmBmHAdk

I prefer reading the manga over the anime, though the anime has some pretty awesome fight scences. Though I find Shippuuden horrid
xxKILLtheSYSTEMxx
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like some of the english dubs, but some like hinata, and Temari are really good
EternalChibiMoon
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well its all a matter of opinion like for example I would rather not have to listen to Naruto's english dub, it just makes me mad sometimes. Other than that I think most of the characters voices fit one another.

For Example

I like Orochimaru's voice because it's creepy and it prefectly fits into the kind of person Orochimaru is.

But I don't prefer Sasuke's voice because well, I don't really know how to say it....ummm...it's like how he says Naruto and how other people say Naruto, they say it two different ways and Sasuke does that with all words that come from Japanese orgin, I'm sorry but in a dubbed anime it's just not right.
supervanman64
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you don't like Itachi's voice? It's like the coolest voice in the series. It's that kind of dark, sinister voice that matches his character perfectly. and I like that they made Orochimaru's voice raspier and darker later on. You know, less gay like before. Yeah, I know that Naruto's voice can get annoying, but his character is that annoying little poop that tries to hang out with everyone and ends up breaking your stuff. So I think they did a good job matching the voices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: