Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
I need some critics or else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonPerignon
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: I need some critics or else Reply with quote

I'll send here my pictures and I wish you all will help me in improuving my level. Here's the first.

[url]http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-732982.html[/url]
isaac2009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i]Tell you the truth, I think it looks great plus you did it in pen, lol i can only draw with graphite pencils[/i] Crying or Very sad

Practice makes Perfect! Very Happy
bishielover75
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is... really hard to critique. It's incredibly simple and it seems like you put no thoughts into her structure or anything. The composition is also very bland.

Study anatomy is the first suggestion I give to you. Her arms and hands are really small and she has no elbows, and her face is lopsided. Her legs have no muscle or... anything. They're like noodles.

Also, your time taken is 10 minutes. I suggest spending more time on pictures if you wish to improve. :]
London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanner?

I would say.. you haven't captured the TRUE FEELING OF BECKY CHAMBERS. It doesn't look like her. It looks like a random girl holding a gun who happens to have her hair style.

Also, what bishielover said.
DonPerignon
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys! thanks a lot. I will just want to reply to Bishielover-Sensei.

The problem is not anathomy or else. My style is made to be simple but, I hope, good looking. So you'll never see any mark of muscle in my characters, exept in some male characters. But I think you're right, i have to practice proportions, this is a good advice^^.
Thanks London^^. I haven't any scanner sorry ... I make photos of my drawings from the webcam of my computer :/ bad I know... I had never asked myself of the "true feeling" of my characters before! Do you meen there is no emotion in this drawing? ................ you're right, but that's a great idea!! Thanks a lot. I will draw another Rebecca Chambers, i will take more time to make it, and I will post it right here. Would you criticize me again please^^
bishielover75
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly mean muscle as in RARGH FLEX BUFF, just as in... underlying musculature. Even really skinny people have visible muscle; it's what gives the body the shape. Otherwise they'd look like holocaust victims.
DonPerignon
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay!

Taking in account all your advices, I made another drawing of Rebecca chambers, testing another style, and spending more time to make it.
Is it better?

[url]http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-733572.html[/url]
DonPerignon
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back after some times of absence. I post here an old drawing and I would like to tell me about what do you think of. Thanks!

[url]http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-733101.html[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: