Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Help with inked pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That COULD be one of the problems, that and the reason my bankotsu picture is bumpy is probly cause my black gel pen died in the middle of inking the head and I had to re-do the entire hair plus the black gel had left alot of white spots and I had to realllllly press down on the paper inorder for the damn thing to work. >_<

I think im going to stick with X-tank or sharpies til I get something much better, old fashioned markers wont do for me, not after the bg for my one Riku picture turned up GREEN when it was a black marker I colored with. I mean woot the smoof?! By the way my scanner is EVIL so keep this in mind.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I used to draw with markers (Crayolas mainly) If I colored most of the paper or even all of it, it would get bumpy. Same with Sharpies, except they would bleed through then fade after a while. Black would turn purple, then brown. I would also get more bumps if I had used watercolor.

The reason it's bumpy is because you're putting too much ink down. Think of it like this. If you wet a piece of paper, it would get soggy then after it dried it would get hard and get bumpy.

What I have found works best is heavy duty sketchbook paper. I have tried it and from experience, it works wonders. You can get many sizes of sketch books, and different sizes of paper. You can get a sketch book designed for watercolor and you can use marker or ink on it and it will be fine. Don't have the money? Pick one up at Wal-Mart. You can get a good sketchbook for under ten dollars. And they come in different sizes as well.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would if Walmart wasent miles away, and I doubt my grandfather will take me just for art supplies. Neh I will find sketchbook paper across the street. They are bound to have some good ones. Also I am now doing my best to evenly ink and not to miss a spot that way I dont have to super ink pictures. I also think im going to have to ink out some of my sketches cause they come up SUPER pale on some moniters at the library yet on my screen they look just fine, a tad pale but fine none the less. I used to MSPaint color my drawings but after taking FOREVER on my Riku one I aint doing that no more, takes too long and the colors look alil mismatched X_x

I cant understand how some people like Lunar can draw on that evil program. I suck terribly at freehand drawing on that thing. Blah I was born a real media artist and I shall die one xP unless when I visit my bf this september he can help color my pics with me on his paint program. He is somewhat coloring my one b.day present to him of Sora fighting the wvyern nobodies.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you scan your drawings in and ink them and color them with a tablet and a graphics program.

I got a tablet and I have not used my scanner in ages.

I would ink your drawings and once they've dried, put them inside a book and close it (preferably an encyclopedia or a dictionary or a text book) and leave it alone for a few hours so it won't get bumpy.

You can find sketchbooks everywhere almost. I found one at a dollar store for one dollar and it works the same as the ones in Wal-Mart.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with my giant dictionary that I would die without (Has all the best quotes in it) that should help the picture thin out, I'll just put two pages between the main picture so it wont bleed into the dictionary. To top it off i'll put a phonebook on the dictionary, THAT should do some damage.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Ed? Sarah? Both of you STOP IT. Can't a moderate have even two minutes of peace with you two?
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: