Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
To Athiests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxTheUltimateSacrificexX
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brianhjh wrote:
Quote:
was not mentioned in the Roman archives or texts of any kind because the Romans did not particularly like Jews at that time.

Not really, Romans didn't mind the Jews, they were just other people living in the areas they've colonized, they couldn't care less whether they were Jews or Greeks or Gauls. Also, Romans didn't like the Carthaginians nor Spartacus either, but they both have records of them.

They had wars with both, carthage and sparticus' slave revolts.

They didn't mind the Jews until they began making movements of preaching and teaching God's word, this the Romans did not enjoy, but it is likely because at this time Nero was in charge of Rome that the Romans didn't take to kind to the Jews, and as we all know, Nero was pretty crazy.
Fun to study, but crazy.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...no, most of the roman persecution of the Jewish/Early Christians are embellished by later Christians to strengthen their position, there are basically no Roman records of them doing much in Levant other than putting down some revolts. Romans were never shy about writing about their atrocities...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: