Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
!!!CAN I HAVE YOUR FACE!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orianajones
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: !!!CAN I HAVE YOUR FACE!!! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

well i want to improve my skills as an artist. so i was thinking of doing a lot of real people sketching so..... does anyone want to be sketched?

also can anyone help me with with my sketching? what tips do you have for me?

my resent sketches;
http://www.Fanart-Central.net/pic-739539.html
http://www.Fanart-Central.net/pic-739563.html

Thankyou
London

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try different angles. Chin too point and mouth too close to bottom of face on the first one. The second one is a bit too covered in hair/clothes to really see anything.
orianajones
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou london. i shall take a look at that
^^

so can i sketch anyone?
Jinxie
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of going straight for drawing real people, try copying anatomical drawings instead to see how you can capture the shape of things with only a few lines. Look at tutorials on drawing the face and you'll see that the proportions in your pictures are a little off. Once you've got the proportions sorted in a picture, it'll look 1000x better. It's long and it's boring, but from your pictures I think it would really help you. I don't know if this was intentional, but your first sketch looks a lot more anime-ish than you'd expect from a sketch of a real person. What I find really helps me is to forget that I'm drawing a person and ignore what I think they *should* look like, and just focus on drawing what I see.
FudgemintGuardian
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can not have my face. I'm still using it(laughs).
If you want to do real faces, you could use ads or photos from magazines as reference.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: