Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
RPG and Adventure games discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]But then again the 360 can get killed by small things.....[/quote]Things easily fixable, unlike modern nintendo products which you cat even open without buying a special screwdriver. fail

[quote]If he did that to an Xbox paddle I doubt it would survive. o3o[/quote] Both my wired and wireless 360 controllers have survived my raging at vidjya gaymes (and i rage at games HARD. I do not accept defeat well.)

[quote]You sound more like a fanboy than I do.
Besides, I'm more of Sega Gesesis person. [/quote]The genesis is Indeed win.

[quote]Also how come some people complain about the battle system to dirge of cerberus? I met up with a guy at the library who said he couldnt beat the game cause the gameplay was too complex and the snipers kept dusting him. O_o[/quote] WAT?! that game was caek!
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but does it survive getting slammed into the TV over 19 times in a row? (When my brother is pissed he loses concentration when battling, especially in FF7 where you gotta use stratagy xP)

And I said the SAME THING to the guy, its probly cause he got too panicky cause he didnt see WHERE the snipers were hiding (If you dont have the right brightness on a tv screen,the rain in Edge can REALLY throw you off), and the fact he didnt have a strong enough gun. (I had Cerberus 2 by the time I went to Edge)

But yeah, im on my 3rd time beating the game. I wanna unlock all the cutscenes. Btw know a easy way to get past the arseholes in the labryinth Mission in "Extra missions" ? I keep getting pwned by either the dumb 20 crab robots or the 2 shoving robots and the deep ground soliders hiding behind them. X_x
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Yeah but does it survive getting slammed into the TV over 19 times in a row? (When my brother is pissed he loses concentration when battling, especially in FF7 where you gotta use stratagy xP)

And I said the SAME THING to the guy, its probly cause he got too panicky cause he didnt see WHERE the snipers were hiding (If you dont have the right brightness on a tv screen,the rain in Edge can REALLY throw you off), and the fact he didnt have a strong enough gun. (I had Cerberus 2 by the time I went to Edge)

But yeah, im on my 3rd time beating the game. I wanna unlock all the cutscenes. Btw know a easy way to get past the arseholes in the labryinth Mission in "Extra missions" ? I keep getting pwned by either the dumb 20 crab robots or the 2 shoving robots and the deep ground soliders hiding behind them. X_x[/quote]well its survived stomping being thrown out the second floor window being hit with a pipe and being pounded on the desk over 9000 times lol
TsuNekoChan
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Persona 4 was a fun game but i could never play it cause i didn't have a PS2. has anyone played if before?

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. - Henny Youngman[/i]
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]Oh, there [b]are[/b] good adventure titles (and even RPGs) on the Wii[/quote]

YES.

EVERYONE: GO OUT AND BUY FRAGILE WHEN IT COMES OUT IN ENGLISH

If there's a game for the Wii anyone should play, it's definitely this one.

[quote="IGN"]
FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON finds protagonist Seto exploring an eerie and abandoned world, seemingly populated only by haunting ghosts and demons. Players utilize the Wii Remoteā„¢ as a flashlight to illuminate Seto's surroundings, solve puzzles and interact with the environment. Gamers are immersed in an intensely cinematic experience where desolate, strangely beautiful atmospheres filled with gorgeous graphics and stunning lighting effects are brought to life by an emotional musical score. Explore the narrative of a lonely and lost soul as he encounters memorable characters and discover the back story behind scavenged items that provide insight on people's last days before the apocalypse. [/quote]

It's certainly is a beautiful game with a beautiful narrative; the first ten minutes of the game had me crying. The only thing that irked me was the controls; getting used to using the wiimote as a flashlight was kinda hard, since you have to do a variety of other things at the same time (some of them tied to your flashlight control).

IN OTHER NEWS

@tsunekochan

I own Persona 4.

It's not as good as P3, imo. The score isn't as memorable, the characters aren't as memorable (and some are downright irritating), the plot is a lot weaker than P3's, etc etc.

But if you want some lols, you should read hiimdaisy's comics for the game.
#1: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26044.html
#2: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26484.html
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAYORE.

Is that the Namdai Horrer game?

Shit looks pretty cool.
Fayore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES some parts of it like

holy shit i swear i shat myself like ffffFFFFFFF

It's a different sort of "horror" from stuff like SH or FF, though. Less blood and gore and more surprises!! and generally [i]creepy[/i] stuff. The atmosphere sets the mood really well. The game is less about scaring you than trying to deliver a heart-wrenching story.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS DECENT.

I hear Wii emulation is coming along amazingly, so I might just play it on PC when it comes out, and skip the whole hardware issue alltogether.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Wii horror games, Im not SURE what the title is but there is a game coming out that involves you going into this freaky website where victems of it are lurking in the shadows and not to mention you have to solve puzzels and work the wii remote like a flashlight etc. Gah damn short term memory of mine X___x
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard of this game as well. the concept is kinda cool but its on the wii. that ruins it already
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"]i've heard of this game as well. the concept is kinda cool but its on the wii. that ruins it already[/quote]

The only way that would ruin it is if you absolutely need HD graphics to have fun, or if you are a raging fanboy.

Either way, I deeply pity you.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]The only way that would ruin it is if you absolutely need HD graphics[/quote] and a control scheme that fully utilizes the potential of the concept, and a wireless controller that worked liked its supposed to, and a reciever that works properly, and a system that isn't the disney of the video game world, and would like to enjoy the gamplay experience
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireless works fine, you have never played the game, so you know nothing about the control scheme, and "THE DISNEY OF CONSOLES" is fanboy bullshit.

Enjoy your favored companys cock down your throat, hope you like the taste.
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HerculesRockefeller"]Wireless works fine, you have never played the game, so you know nothing about the control scheme, and "THE DISNEY OF CONSOLES" is fanboy bullshit.

Enjoy your favored companys cock down your throat, hope you like the taste.[/quote]

I love you.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Enjoy your favored companys cock down your throat, hope you like the taste.[/quote] Right back at ya, enjoy the taste of plumber cock.

[quote]and a control scheme that fully utilizes the potential of the concept[/quote]no game on the wii does this, therefore why should i expect it from new releases?

[quote]Wireless works fine[/quote]if you have extremely low standards

Last edited by SolarisAugmentium on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK THE QUOTE BUTTON
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=O but but, RE4 is on the wii how is THAT considered a disney-ish game? Also this horror game isent for the faint of heart either. However my nephew wouldnt mind watching, after all he laughs when I blow the heads off the monks in the ps2 RE4 (And he's four by the way) Damn nothing scares kids anymore, looks like the boogey man better throw in the towel xP

And hey who here is also interested in "Dante's inferno" ? That looks like a wicked arse game!
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"][quote]Enjoy your favored companys cock down your throat, hope you like the taste.[/quote] Right back at ya, enjoy the taste of plumber cock.

[quote]and a control scheme that fully utilizes the potential of the concept[/quote]no game on the wii does this, therefore why should i expect it from new releases?

[quote]Wireless works fine[/quote]if you have extremely low standards[/quote]

1. I actually don't play any Nintendo first party titles. I couldn't care less about Nintendo, but I do enjoy calling out dumb fanboys~

2. Again, clearly you don't play Wii games, since you hate the system. You have no credibility, so don't act like you do~

3. At least it has wireless. PS3 wireless is just as bad, and so is 360, if you are willing to pay money for the $100 peripheral. Wireless connection on consoles is always going to be laggy and shitty. Just run fucking ethernet cords to wherever you want.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]=O but but, RE4 is on the wii how is THAT considered a disney-ish game? Also this horror game isent for the faint of heart either. However my nephew wouldnt mind watching, after all he laughs when I blow the heads off the monks in the ps2 RE4 (And he's four by the way) Damn nothing scares kids anymore, looks like the boogey man better throw in the towel xP

And hey who here is also interested in "Dante's inferno" ? That looks like a wicked arse game![/quote]

Dante's Inferno looks meh at best. I've yet to see an American studio make a good action game, and it's coming out around the same time as Bayonetta, which looks like the fucking best action game since DMC3
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games deep in mythic lore usually catch my attention so yeah hence why I took a gander at this when I heard about it. Hopefully it wont be another game aiming at graphics and has lousy gameplay o3o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: