Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Breaking Writers Block

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XshadowsXchildX
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Breaking Writers Block Reply with quote

[color=indigo][size=9]I tend to go on a writing spree, and I'll get so far, and then I'll just lose interest in the story because of writers block. When that happens, I usually lose interest in the story.

Any help on breaking writers block, and ideas that could help me[i] want[/i] to go back to my other fics?

Yours Truely;
Shadows Child[/size][/color]

"Ich würde gerne in Ihrem Sinn zu sehen und zu reißen alles auseinander. So schneiden Sie mit einem Messer zu öffnen und Ihr Herz-Jesu zu finden. Ich würde gerne Ihre Satin Doll zu nehmen und sie alle in Stücke reißen. Ich würde gerne Ihr schönes Haar durcheinander. Ich würde gerne sehen Sie tot ..."
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling you would put this up xD -shot!-

Well here are my opinions, hope they help

Watch a good movie, this usually inspires me to draw something
Listen to a good song that goes along with the fic. For instance: Listening to "Truth beneath the rose" would go along swimmingly with a Da Vinci Code based fic, or an assasins creed fic.

Read other fics like yours that could help inspire ideas. nn
XshadowsXchildX
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I had a feeling you would put this up xD -shot!-

Well here are my opinions, hope they help

Watch a good movie, this usually inspires me to draw something
Listen to a good song that goes along with the fic. For instance: Listening to "Truth beneath the rose" would go along swimmingly with a Da Vinci Code based fic, or an assasins creed fic.

Read other fics like yours that could help inspire ideas. nn[/quote]

[color=indigo][size=9]...I'ma kick yer butt. (Don't wait too much later to call. I might crash out). Thanks though. ^^[/size] [/color]

"Ich würde gerne in Ihrem Sinn zu sehen und zu reißen alles auseinander. So schneiden Sie mit einem Messer zu öffnen und Ihr Herz-Jesu zu finden. Ich würde gerne Ihre Satin Doll zu nehmen und sie alle in Stücke reißen. Ich würde gerne Ihr schönes Haar durcheinander. Ich würde gerne sehen Sie tot ..."
White_Dragon
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that writing a plan is useful for getting out of Writer's Block, so you know exactly what you want to write.
Brainstorming is a good idea too, just to get all of your ideas down and it really gets you thinking.
XshadowsXchildX
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="White_Dragon"]I find that writing a plan is useful for getting out of Writer's Block, so you know exactly what you want to write.
Brainstorming is a good idea too, just to get all of your ideas down and it really gets you thinking.[/quote]

Thanks. ^^

Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Hate writer's block! I am currently on it.

You could always try thinking about what happened in the past of your characters, or what happened in the past of the story. Or you could start another book and get ideas from that. Only bad thing about that is that you may end upon writer's block for 2 novels. Crying or Very sad
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Malosis555

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would break out and try something else in the creative fields, like writing a small or large fanfic, or a short original story. Then when your mind has a break from the story, you can look over it with a fresh mind.

Or be idle and do nothing. Works for me. Heheh.
orianajones
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to breaking writers block is don't stop writing. You may want to write something else for a while, write a new fragment of the story or even just take notes for a plot but you shouldn't stop writing.

Also just because a scene may work out badly because of writers block doesn't mean it cant be edited later.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Good words of advice! That applies to artist block as well.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="orianajones"]The key to breaking writers block is don't stop writing. You may want to write something else for a while, write a new fragment of the story or even just take notes for a plot but you shouldn't stop writing.

Also just because a scene may work out badly because of writers block doesn't mean it cant be edited later.[/quote]

Yeah thats true o,o

My universty teacher says to never stop writting when have a block and also i find starting a shorter piece of writting is a good exercise to help me get back into my bigger stories again, Sometimes reading back on your writting can help too Smile! Sometimes going for a walk and clearing my head of other random stuff helps my writters block too Very Happy
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, if you really do not want to write, do not write. If you do not want to draw, do not draw.

Maybe there is something else that is upholding your attention, and you must concentrate on that before putting your all in your writing/art again.

You availability and creativity level of your art/writing really reflects your life.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
JasonMy61
My First Post!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to spend this month talking about tricks of the trade that work in one day. There are a lot of them, and with all of us struggling to juggle work, family, personal life, and writing ...............

http://ezinearticlesdirectory.net
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link did not work for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: