Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pheral Redesign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]The image should at least be good enough to feature...[/quote]
The mascot and Sam should be good enough to feature? ]; We can't get them to look that great! What do you mean?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
London

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the picture's good enough to be sitting at the top of the page for years, it should at least match up to pictures that hover around the main page for a week.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, they have to look really great. some people would see the mascot as a representation of the collective ability of the artists here, so maybe a collaboration between the best artists on fac (that are still active, oe that we know the da accounts of) would be the best idea. I mean I se pheral sometimes and think "Wow that abomination falconlobo post her garbage here....." But then I look at all the stuff you guys have done in this thread so far and I'm like woah! there must be talented artists here! I really wish I could contribute more to the matter other then post my thoughts, but sadly I'm not much of an artist, as you all saw before lol.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaris!!! Your sudden boost of good grammar gives me inspiration! 8D <3

[quote]Well, if the picture's good enough to be sitting at the top of the page for years, it should at least match up to pictures that hover around the main page for a week.[/quote]
Ahhh I get what you guys mean! So...interesting pose, thorough details, engaging colors..etc. P; I usually put a lot of work in my backgrounds, but since these mascots don't need big backgrounds, I'll work with what I have. Thank-you.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol im glad i can help.
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this all mean were sticking with the cat Question
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pheral Redesign Discussion Reply with quote

[quote="Battou"]... it is our official position (as decided by two of the sites three administrative bodies) to keep Pheral as a cat. The possible revamp and incorporation of Sam is not out of the question but Pheral is the sites official and primary mascot.

...[/quote]
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does Sam look like a Japanese highschool kid? Look up OS-tans, they are probably more suited.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]Why does Sam look like a Japanese highschool kid? Look up OS-tans, they are probably more suited.[/quote]
I did look them up actually, and I drew my own version of FAC's tan. However, it isn't feature quality, so I will try again. >;/

Have you tried a design yourself? You're a suitable artist to make the mascot too.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hi brian. i like the jap hs kid look, then again i'm an animu loving weeaboo lol
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stuck in my family's place with no running water creativity. They use coasters over here.

also on Solaris' post: WTF
Renmei
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"]oh hi brian. i like the jap hs kid look, then again i'm an animu loving weeaboo lol[/quote]

I agree with you, I love animes too, and I am rly fascinated what designs you guys did! Just keep it up.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gety"][img]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1015/mascotchen1.png[/img][/quote]
This one is well drawn, and I like the artists palette as a nice element in it. And the use of the 3 parimary colors is nice (tho that may be too colorful for part of a website layout, not sure).

But I don't really like the fusion of them both into a single character.
Gety

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cstdenis"][quote="Gety"][img]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1015/mascotchen1.png[/img][/quote]
This one is well drawn, and I like the artists palette as a nice element in it. And the use of the 3 parimary colors is nice (tho that may be too colorful for part of a website layout, not sure).

But I don't really like the fusion of them both into a single character.[/quote]

Thank you for the constructive critic, however I tried to bring some life with the colors, because only "blue and black" look boring and pretty dead to me. Art is used to be colorful in my opinion...About the fusion...I am sorry to hear that you don't like it, I gave my best to do so, I tried to express my idea like everyone else did but since you don't like it, I wish good luck to the others, hope they'll do better.

Happy Holidays to all! Very Happy

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
JimmyGotSoul
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

I'll try doing that.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like gety's! thats frickin awesome dude!
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8466/facpirateresized.jpg[/img]
Shading like this takes WAY TOO FREAKING LONG
I think my eyes are bleeding.

Last edited by luckylace222 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetKitty06
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA a new mascot design! FINALY!! That cat is rly ugly and scary XD
Cool designs so far I like Getys the most XD
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8466/facpirateresized.jpg[/img]
Shading like this take WAY TOO FREAKING LONG
I think my eyes are bleeding.[/quote]this is amazing! and they wanna keep the cat?! I like cats but these girls are just awesome.
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at some of the designs posted here, I can say we have some likely candidates.

I definitely think we should stick with a human character, at least as the "main" mascot. The mascot can always have a "pet cat" with them for detail.
The OS-Tan designs are looking great. Personally I loved the pallet/pencil design that Gety used. Maybe some more variations with artistic utensils?

On a side-ish note, we should probably consider using multiple variations of our final mascot/logo design. Something like variations of both drawing style and character setting (generally outfit and features, but applies to artistic era as well) would be nice to see.
With multiple designs we can attempt to appeal to more people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: